Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Are you watching Rubicon Levi?

Religiously now... IMO it's better than Mad Men and easily rivals H:LotS and The Wire for the title of best TV I've ever watched.

I've watched the first couple of episodes based on your post and the Telegraph article; enjoyed it does it keep going well?

How many episodes they doing this season, up to 6 now i think are they not?

I think it's 13 or so.

If you get past the first couple or three episodes (and a lot of viewers haven't), where not much plot-wise happens (or at least nothing that's been revealed to be epically important has... who knows what later episodes will bring), then you're in for a treat when things pick up.

Like The Wire, it's very novelistic: like a LeCarre/Ludlum hybrid executed with each episode as a chapter. It's probably going to be best viewed on DVD or in a marathon (like AMC is doing this Sunday: all 6 previously shown episodes will be broadcast back to back) so the threads remain close together.

(and more)

(and more)

(and more)

Done well, think it will get a second series?

I'm not sure it will need a second series; if the conspiracy is unraveled by the last episode, then is a second, different, conspiracy that plausible (if this conspiracy is shaping up the way I think it is)?

Oh yes, BBC Four will show Rubicon in the autumn-to-winter season.

Â