Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, Rds1983 said:

Looks really good, hopefully they do a better job with this than they did with American Gods.

Ahh we disagree there, I'm hoping it's as good as AG, because I thought that was ace. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

Ahh we disagree there, I'm hoping it's as good as AG, because I thought that was ace. 

I felt they'd strayed too far from the book, padded it out and it lost something along the way. If I wasn't as familiar with that and went into it fresh I might have liked it more but I had high hopes and felt disappointed.

On 04/10/2018 at 16:01, mjmooney said:

Just finished "Killing Eve". 

Very enjoyable romp, somehow both spoofing and paying homage to the whole espionage genre. Very much character-, rather than plot-driven, and a self-conscious exercise in style, you can tell that the cast had an absolute gas playing in it. Only let down for me by the very end, which looked like it had been hastily rewritten when they heard that a second series had been greenlighted. 

Didnt know if this post was going to be a review or a confession!

• Haha 1

Not the best season of Better Call Saul but I thought it finished strongly. Although waiting for another 42 weeks for the next season...

I thought Ballers had become rubbish at the start of Season 4 but they've turned it around with the past few episodes. Will stick with it now.

3 hours ago, Hornso said:

Not the best season of Better Call Saul but I thought it finished strongly. Although waiting for another 42 weeks for the next season...

I thought Ballers had become rubbish at the start of Season 4 but they've turned it around with the past few episodes. Will stick with it now.

I'm still to finish Better Call Saul, but agree on Ballers.  Not sure what they were thinking with the start of this season, but the last few episodes have got me back a bit. The draw of this show was the background of the athletes and NFL. Going to some halfbaked X Sports theme, was a bad move.

• Like 1

On 06/10/2018 at 03:27, trekka said:

Agreed, Mike.  I've really enjoyed it as something different (which took me by surprise a bit).  I've compared it to Kill Bill but even then that doesn't really do it justice.  This is a TV series after all, and it does what it intends to do brilliantly.  I'm not surprised it has been commissioned for a second series and I suppose a very well done must go to BBC America. 

Stumbled across this show by accident, and it's probably been the most enjoyable show I've watched this year. Love all the cast and whilst I didn't love the ending, it was still not enough to put me off the show

4 hours ago, NoCoder said:

I'm still to finish Better Call Saul, but agree on Ballers.  Not sure what they were thinking with the start of this season, but the last few episodes have got me back a bit. The draw of this show was the background of the athletes and NFL. Going to some halfbaked X Sports theme, was a bad move.

Maybe a coincidence that brand got sidelined halfway through too!

I think the secondary characters have had weaker storylines this series too, the agent and him at the cowboys are completely on he backburner, the sports x thing was almost like a way of giving joe at least something to do, the ricky and charles stuff theyve left too late for that to go where its going 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Maybe a coincidence that brand got sidelined halfway through too!

I think the secondary characters have had weaker storylines this series too, the agent and him at the cowboys are completely on he backburner, the sports x thing was almost like a way of giving joe at least something to do, the ricky and charles stuff theyve left too late for that to go where its going 

Yeah, didn't like Brand's character in this at all and agree about the secondary characters. They could dive into Charles's role so much more, but until halfway through the season, he was an afterthought. 

32 minutes ago, sne said:

The Haunting of Hill House out on Netflix today.

Getting good reviews, here's hoping it's worth the watch..

Bildresultat för The Haunting of Hill House

Been waiting for this one for a while.

Hopefully it'll live up to expectations.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Designer1 said:

Been waiting for this one for a while.

Hopefully it'll live up to expectations.

Me too.

Netflix also releasing the movie Apostle today, another one I've been waiting for.

Apostle (2018)

Just now, sne said:

Me too.

Netflix also releasing the movie Apostle today, another one I've been waiting for.

Apostle (2018)

Haha! It appears we have similar tastes indeed. Yep that's another one on my list ?

• Like 1

Â