Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Anyone watched Dark Matter on Apple TV yet? It is one of my favourite books, but not sure it can translate well to TV.   

Dark Matter (2024 TV series) - Wikipedia

Also the poster and trailer makes it look really bad when it really shouldn't be.

5 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Anyone watched Dark Matter on Apple TV yet? It is one of my favourite books, but not sure it can translate well to TV.   

Also the poster and trailer makes it look really bad when it really shouldn't be.

I've acquired the first 3 episodes and the synopsis sounded interesting. Never read the book mind you. Not started watching it yet.

8 minutes ago, ender4 said:

I’ve seen episode 1 but watched it in the full knowledge that it wasn’t going to be my thing. Will be watching episode 2&3 this weekend as it does look interesting. 
I'm not familiar with the source and I’m a fatigued with the whole multiverse concept but this one does look like it could be interesting. 

4 hours ago, choffer said:

I need to regularly come up with suggestions or it'll be sex on the yacht or the lunatic housewives of nonsense county again. (We really need a second TV). 

For a second I thought you were talking about your actual life in some weird posh boast, and not what you'll be watching on TV.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

For a second I thought you were talking about your actual life in some weird posh boast, and not what you'll be watching on TV.

Six times a day. That's why I'm so knackered all the time!

Edited by choffer

Brandon Stark, "I can see things that happened in the past I can see things that are happening now, I can see things all over the World. Why did you come to Winterfell?" Sort your napper out, Brandon. 

Posted (edited)

finished baby reindeer

he's a s **** up as martha, found him a more uncomfortable watch

also one episode of fallout left, it sometimes leans a bit too far in to its silliness for me and I'm not actually sure the main story arc has been that interesting, id say looking back not a fat lot happens in it, its very basic, but its still been very enjoyable, they've done brilliantly to capture so many of the games little bits, missing some key components for me though

Spoiler

id have gone death claw rather than bear

and where are the super mutants?!

Edited by villa4europe

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

finished baby reindeer

he's a s **** up as martha, found him a more uncomfortable watch

also one episode of fallout left, it sometimes leans a bit too far in to its silliness for me and I'm not actually sure the main story arc has been that interesting, id say looking back not a fat lot happens in it, its very basic, but its still been very enjoyable, they've done brilliantly to capture so many of the games little bits, missing some key components for me though

Reveal hidden contents

id have gone death claw rather than bear

and where are the super mutants?!

He's been going ham recently with regards to the amazon show, worth a look if you're interested in the take of a legitimate shout for best video game writer ever, especially given his history with the franchise. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ender4 said:

I am enjoying it so far. I have never read or heard of the books though

16 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Enjoyed the 2 episodes of All the Light We Cannot See I've seen so far.

Hmmm. Didn't quite work for me, not sure why. 

On 16/05/2024 at 21:53, mjmooney said:

Well, you lot were right about Slow Horses. **** ing brilliant. 

(Still two eps to go, so no spoilers please). 

Very faithful in the main with some adjustments to the books which are very entertaining too. At least two more seasons to come thankfully.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Watching Stranger Things I realised, the cinemas in 80s America were like ours are today. 

In what way?

Â