Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

I'm two episodes into The Brothers Sun, on Netflix. It's fantastic.

Action, plot, comedy, absurdity, soundtrack - it's got the lot.

On the heels of "Everything, Everywhere, All At Once", it's another absolute winner for Michelle Yeoh.

It's good and worth finishing but loses something and gets a bit silly as it goes along. Starts great and ends good if that makes sense. Netflix also announced yesterday that s2 had been cancelled. 

• Sad 1

On 23/10/2023 at 05:36, sne said:

Danish prison drama "Huset" is supposed to be really good. Grim, dreary and the usual stuff you get from this genre but if you like that stuff this might be something.

Huset | SVT Play

Yeah good shout - just finished all of the 6 episodes and would recommend and it''s available on BBC iPlayer but called "Prisoner."

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Yeah good shout - just finished all of the 6 episodes and would recommend and it''s available on BBC iPlayer but called "Prisoner."

Thought about that because I generally enjoy Scandi stuff. But not prison dramas, so gave it a miss. 

• Like 1

Netflix's Avatar: The Last Airbender - The original cartoon is one of my favourite animations of all time, but this adaptation is hit and miss for me. Casting seems on point, and watching some of the scenes remade in live action are just as I'd imagined them, but I was left questioning what the writers' logic was in changing certain elements and combining plot lines. Not sure if a second season has already been green-lit, but I'd still be keen to see it continue.

Green Eye Samurai - Amazing visuals, story and voice performances. Really enjoyed it.

2 hours ago, Ghost said:

Netflix's Avatar: The Last Airbender - The original cartoon is one of my favourite animations of all time, but this adaptation is hit and miss for me. Casting seems on point, and watching some of the scenes remade in live action are just as I'd imagined them, but I was left questioning what the writers' logic was in changing certain elements and combining plot lines. Not sure if a second season has already been green-lit, but I'd still be keen to see it continue.

Green Eye Samurai - Amazing visuals, story and voice performances. Really enjoyed it.

Watching Avatar with the family and think it’s pretty good so far (only 2 episodes in) - my kids enjoyed the animation series and are liking the live screen adaptation.

As you say, they’ve cast really well and the actors have taken on the characters well. 

Just watching the launch of Big Brother (yes I know), Sharon Osborne looks absolutely hideous. I reckon Ozzy might outlive her. She seems to have lost her marbles too.

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

Just watching the launch of Big Brother (yes I know), Sharon Osborne looks absolutely hideous. I reckon Ozzy might outlive her. She seems to have lost her marbles too.

I think you have as well 😂

• Haha 4

I also forgot just how good Timothy Olyphant was in Fargo season 4 as the bible thumping Mormon, Deputy Marshall "Dick 'Deafy' Wickware, and the irony most certainly wasn't lost on me.

On 02/03/2024 at 16:12, NurembergVillan said:

I'm two episodes into The Brothers Sun, on Netflix. It's fantastic.

Action, plot, comedy, absurdity, soundtrack - it's got the lot.

On the heels of "Everything, Everywhere, All At Once", it's another absolute winner for Michelle Yeoh.

On 03/03/2024 at 00:34, Rds1983 said:

It's good and worth finishing but loses something and gets a bit silly as it goes along. Starts great and ends good if that makes sense. Netflix also announced yesterday that s2 had been cancelled. 

He really pissed on your chips there Rob 🤣

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

On 04/03/2024 at 07:11, theboyangel said:

Watching Avatar with the family and think it’s pretty good so far (only 2 episodes in) - my kids enjoyed the animation series and are liking the live screen adaptation.

As you say, they’ve cast really well and the actors have taken on the characters well. 

ehhhhh they've kinda dumbed it down. They've made Katara whiny and weak, Sokka/Zuko are supposed to be sexist and they change as the series goes on. Mixed together episodes so it doesn't really make sense.

42 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

ehhhhh they've kinda dumbed it down. They've made Katara whiny and weak, Sokka/Zuko are supposed to be sexist and they change as the series goes on. Mixed together episodes so it doesn't really make sense.

Apologies - I’m not a fanboy of the source material so that has passed me by completely 

I’ve found it enjoyable to watch 

5 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Apologies - I’m not a fanboy of the source material so that has passed me by completely 

I’ve found it enjoyable to watch 

No need to apologise :D

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but the original was so good that they were bound to not stick the landing in places.

I agree the casting looks good, and so does the bending.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I haven't watched the whole thing yet, but the original was so good that they were bound to not stick the landing in places.

Just as long as it's better than the movie they're onto a winner.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:

As I said in my original post, I consider the animation one of the best cartoons I've seen, so I had high hopes for this. Especially after the trailers, I was all aboard the hype train. But yeah it didn't live up to my expectations unfortunately. Was still "ok" though, and I'm interested to see how it progresses if they continue with the next season. 

• Like 1

Â