Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

1 hour ago, fightoffyour said:

The Taylor Swift chapter is the highlight, the middle of 'Forks', must've watched it about 20 times.

i can't even pick a highlight. that was indeed an amazing episode but i spent the whole family flashback one getting moaned at by the mrs because i'd promised her a brew and couldn't tear myself away from it for 2 mins to make her one.

it's not just great tv, but some of the best tv i've watched in my lifetime. really deserving of the accolades it's received.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I wonder whether this new ITV series (Breathtaking, about the Covid/PPE fiasco) will have similar impact to the Post Office one? The first episode was pretty uncompromising. 

Will check this out (when it's all aired of course - how many eps/weeks?). Just watched the PO one last night and really enjoyed it, I'm becoming a big fan of the metal detector guy too. Started on the Alan Savile show after for a clean sweep of gritty UK dramas.

19 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Will check this out (when it's all aired of course - how many eps/weeks?). 

Three parter. All available now for streaming on ITVX. 

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Three parter. All available now for streaming on ITVX. 

Yeah I've watched it all. All 3 episodes very hard hitting and emotional.  The govt doesn't come across well.  Neither do the conspiracy theorist idiots in E3. 

But it's not got the same vibe as the post office one. This was more about the struggles of working in the NHS during the crisis.  

The govt is lampooned in this.  Don't get me wrong on that.  

But we all knew about their **** ups and incompetence and duplicity and partying etc already 

46 minutes ago, Jon said:

The govt is lampooned in this.  Don't get me wrong on that.  

But we all knew about their **** ups and incompetence and duplicity and partying etc already 

Good to remind people, though. 

No doubt the Tories will scream about more lefty propaganda from the woke media. Takes a bit of heat off the BBC, with ITV joining in. 

Edited by mjmooney

The new True Detective shows how bad TV and Film has gotten. Like we have to be at the very bottom of the curve now. It has to be up from here. True Detective Night Country and that Madam Web are the bottom surely

• Like 1

15 hours ago, CVByrne said:

The new True Detective shows how bad TV and Film has gotten. Like we have to be at the very bottom of the curve now. It has to be up from here. True Detective Night Country and that Madam Web are the bottom surely

What was so bad about True Detective? 

I fully appreciate it doesn't come close to S1, but not much really does. But I didn't think it was especially bad. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

What was so bad about True Detective? 

I fully appreciate it doesn't come close to S1, but not much really does. But I didn't think it was especially bad. 

Name stealing aside it's ok

It's better than season 2

• Like 1

On 28/01/2024 at 17:35, villa4europe said:

Finished true detective 1 and 3, part of me thinks 3 is better but for as good as the final twist is I think the case itself has a poor conclusion 

Started 4 and it's overly weird so far, has more in common with that sky arctic circle murder mystery show that I cant remember and had a shockingly bad ending 

Reveal hidden contents

Where ancient wasps from outer space were driving people insane 

They should have stopped after season 1.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CVByrne said:

The first episode was big enough sample size for me to judge it. It is really tedious.

On 20/02/2024 at 07:31, tomav84 said:

i can't even pick a highlight. that was indeed an amazing episode but i spent the whole family flashback one getting moaned at by the mrs because i'd promised her a brew and couldn't tear myself away from it for 2 mins to make her one.

it's not just great tv, but some of the best tv i've watched in my lifetime. really deserving of the accolades it's received.

What show is this?

19 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Apparently The Gentlemen has been made into a series on Netflix. I liked the film a lot so will add that to my list. 

out on March 7th. Will probably watch too! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Davkaus said:

True Detective being the bottom of the curve for TV quality in a universe in which we have Love Island and Googlebox. Makes you think. :) 

Bottom of the curve in terms of what it pretends to be. It's terrible writing and laughable. 

At least Love Island doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is. 

39 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Bottom of the curve in terms of what it pretends to be. It's terrible writing and laughable. 

At least Love Island doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is. 

I likened it to that sky one drama fortitude

I've still got the finale left and I'm struggling to see it being worse than that

Id say my overall problem with it, "true detective" aside, is that I don't think they nailed jodie fosters character, I don't think they wrote her well enough to get away with what she is, she's not interesting enough to carry the show and the Indian cop while better barely leads, the most interesting character imo is the young cop and the dynamic between his work and his wife and even that could still be written better by linking it to his dad and his relationship with him or his failures, it's not bad writing it's just weak writing 

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I likened it to that sky one drama fortitude

I've still got the finale left and I'm struggling to see it being worse than that

Oh it gets worse. It's just laughable 

Â