Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

6 hours ago, StefanAVFC said:
  Hide contents

Also WHY WOULD JAZ VOTE TO CONTINUE THE GAME AS A TRAITOR

Mollie seriously stupid. 

oh and one more rant  

them discussing whether there was even a traitor left 🫥

Zach obviously just died in his sleep then yeah?

Yep that bit really infuriated me, there had to be another traitor, and Ajax had no reason to ask for another vote. I thought, Harry could’ve been smart and asked for a vote as well. 

Years behind the curve, we finished Stranger Things the other night.

Watched the original series way back when and then picked up a bit of series 2, fell off it because series 2 is fairly weak, we went back to it over the last month or so.

It's really quite good, if kinda trading on the fact it's tone and atmosphere and characters are really good, and not so much for it's plotting or internal logic, which is bunk. You can even see the writers jumping through hoops as you watch and stumbling to various degrees (case in point - the series loves Hopper, as it should because he's a great character and David Harbour is wonderful, but it literally doesn't know what to do with him in the 4th series and subsequently creates a whole side plot that is completely pointless, just to keep him and the characters he's closest to around). Thoroughly enjoyable trash with a fantastic soundtrack. I hope Kate Bush got her monies worth from how much they used Running Up That Hill.

The main problem that docuseries tend to have is that they drag out over several episodes what could be accomplished in one feature length film. It's a bit insulting to the viewer. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Yep that bit really infuriated me, there had to be another traitor, and Ajax had no reason to ask for another vote. I thought, Harry could’ve been smart and asked for a vote as well. 

Why didn’t Jaz vote out Harry when Andrew pretty much confirmed he was going to vote for. If Harry had gone then there is no way that Mollie wouldn’t have voted to get Andrew out if there was another vote.

Harry played it smart using Mollie, she did the female equivalent of thinking with her dick

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panto_Villan said:

Looks cool. I presume it’s based on the novel?

Yeah I think so, in that I think it's gone all the way back to the novel as the source material rather than just try and remake the TV show 

• Thanks 1

Damn, finished all of Loudermilk only to discover the show has been left hanging as the production company closed down and no one has taken the show up.

I hope the fact it's popular on Netflix might give it some interest.

9 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Why didn’t Jaz vote out Harry when Andrew pretty much confirmed he was going to vote for. If Harry had gone then there is no way that Mollie wouldn’t have voted to get Andrew out if there was another vote.

Harry played it smart using Mollie, she did the female equivalent of thinking with her dick

I don’t know what happens if the vote was tied, if Jaz had gone onto Harry at that stage 

3 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

I don’t know what happens if the vote was tied, if Jaz had gone onto Harry at that stage 

They vote again minus the people who have votes. If it’s even again they go to chance 

• Like 1

Watching Sunday Brunch and Gruff Rhys is on it. Never in it's history has a man appeared to want to be somewhere else more. It's quite funny.  

Edited by Seat68
  • Like 1

Griselda is OK so far (3 eps in) but no where close to Narcos. The decision to go with Sofia Vergara as Griselda Blanco really isn't working for me. Not that she isn't doing a fine job in the role but the fact that they cast a really attractive person to play a really unattractive (imo) person and then have to put so much makeup on her that she looks like Jack Nicholson as the Joker. Takes me right out of the story.

22384ed6bc922a330e83ec02ac4a8bf7.jpgsofia-vergara-griselda-soc-d56e30771ee340e5b8a3f53dbf191fda.jpg

Edited by sne
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

Watching Sunday Brunch and Gruff Rhys is on it. Never in its history has a man appeared to want to be somewhere else more. It's quite funny.  

Gruff Rhys will never be renowned for his speedy delivery or being overtly lively about anything 😂

• Like 1

Just started the London-set "Bodies". Visually appealing so far. Is it good?

I've paused it to ask a question-

I've noticed that the police siren sound in this show sounds like American police sirens- the long, drawn out "wooooo-OOOOOOOOO-oooooooooo", and not the usual U.K. "NEH-noo-NEH-noo" sound.

Are  U.K. police sirens in new patrol vehicles getting outfitted with the American style siren tone?

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Just started the London-set "Bodies". Visually appealing so far. Is it good?

I thought it was rubbish. Gave up after the first episode 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Mozzavfc said:

I thought it was rubbish. Gave up after the first episode 

Can concur. I finished it but no idea why as it was bobbins. 

Edited by choffer
Typo

Finished true detective 1 and 3, part of me thinks 3 is better but for as good as the final twist is I think the case itself has a poor conclusion 

Started 4 and it's overly weird so far, has more in common with that sky arctic circle murder mystery show that I cant remember and had a shockingly bad ending 

Spoiler

Where ancient wasps from outer space were driving people insane 

Â