Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just watched the plot to bring down Britains planes

Interesting show , typical that the yanks nearly fu&%ed things up

Worth catching on demand etc I you can

Yeah, what a liability during that war effort... :?

Just watched the plot to bring down Britains planes

Interesting show , typical that the yanks nearly fu&%ed things up

Worth catching on demand etc I you can

Yeah, what a liability during that war effort... :?

If you mean by turning up 4 years too late and letting Stalin take huge chunks of Europe inflicting misery on millions , then yeah

yeah mad men and game of thrones were brilliant this week, mad men was a bit strange how they seperated it out in to the 3 stories

game of thrones with easily the best line of the year (possibly ever)

"do you think a good shag will cure him?"

"there's no cure for being a word removed"

:clap:

I missed it, but a mate of mine (who is also a big Theroux fan) said he thought it was Theroux's worst effort so far.

He said it was still brilliant, but to Theroux's own high standard a little disappointing.

Again, I haven't seen it so I'll wait to pass my judgement

Hmm... These 2 docs have been different to his usual output. He's not had a point to make, nor has he revealed anything about a world we don't know about (I think we can imagine what raising an autistic child must be like, or what having a dementia suffering relative would be like), and that was particularly evident with the dementia episode from last night, but I still enjoyed both.

He simply visited a few cases again. And it times it was genuinely touching. He focuses a lot on a guy called Gary, a former dentist who is now living in a home essentially. He doesn't know he's in a home, he thinks hes perpetually at work and the policy at the place is you go along with it. It really affected me. It wouldn't have been so bad if he was clearly unwell from the first time you see him, but on the show he often appears like a really nice cool guy - he was constantly cracking jokes, flirting with the woman that ran the place (and all the nurses). And then you discover he's married. His wife visits and he treats her like a distant friend, he's not aware he's married. He think his mother is still alive. They speak to him about his wife and he can only remember her as a woman who was a good friend and great employee when he was a dentist. He has 2... 'girlfriends' in the home, which his wife has accepted is just the way he has become thanks to the disease.

It was just very sad. He also spends time with an elderly couple who can't afford to have the wife of the couple enter the home system, and she was clearly a character but also... empty? There were glimpses of a woman who was still spry and bright, but behind it there was often nothing. Her husband describes a lot of how she interacts with people as 'reflexes' - someone says something nice she laughs or reacts somewhat appropriately but she's not comprehended it. Possibly the most touching moment of the whole thing involves her - Louis speaks to her husband, and he says that he made a vow when they married and that is that, speaks about how he still loves her. And at that moment she comprehends what he's said.

It was really good. Nothing groundbreaking, but a very good watch.

I know what you mean about Theroux's recent documentaries being a little different to his usual stuff but I too am still enjoying them a lot.

I watched the dementia episode the other day and it was incredibly touching, especially the bit with the old couple when they have that tender moment.

I think he still summed it up with a good point though. Whereas the disease is heart-breaking, it's really the relatives who suffer, but eventually they learn to appreciate the times when there is tenderness when the family member afflicted has those brief moments where they remember.

I also thought there was a really touching bit where they went to the floor of the home where the residents are seriously affected. They met a man whose mother could barely communicate anymore since she was so far gone. The son was obviously an incredibly decent man who loved his mother dearly, and for the most part she didn't know what was going on but then near the end she reaches up and cups his face and shows a great deal of affection. Her son then explains that it's for moments like these which make his visits so worthwhile.

Incredibly touching stuff, Louis Theroux is absolutely brilliant.

"Not going out".... on Friday night this week had the funniest scene involving the hideous clowns in the woods I have seen in a long time, watching with friends.

I still can't stop chuckling to myself, it was just hilarious.

"Not going out".... on Friday night this week had the funniest scene involving the hideous clowns in the woods I have seen in a long time, watching with friends.

I still can't stop chuckling to myself, it was just hilarious.

Is that a new word filter there Julie? :D

Is that a new word filter there Julie? Very Happy

Ha ha I had to think about that one!

You have to watch it on iplayer if available. It's so funny..one of those moments of TV that you'll never forget.

I haven't laughed so much in ages!

Is that a new word filter there Julie? Very Happy

Ha ha I had to think about that one!

You have to watch it on iplayer if available. It's so funny..one of those moments of TV that you'll never forget.

I haven't laughed so much in ages!

I'm off to bed to watch it, it had better be worth not watching Sabrina the Teenage Witch instead!

yeah mad men and game of thrones were brilliant this week, mad men was a bit strange how they seperated it out in to the 3 stories

game of thrones with easily the best line of the year (possibly ever)

"do you think a good shag will cure him?"

"there's no cure for being a word removed"

:clap:

Bronn always makes me laugh.

"They say its impregnable" "Give me 10 good men and climbing spikes - I'll impregnate the bitch" :lol:

Though I properly lol'd at the above :crylaugh:

Â