Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, sne said:

Same here. I knew broadly what I was getting from the first season without knowing any details so it being a bit slow wasn't a surprise to me. Not read the novels mind.

Think the world worked and it looked nice. Acting was good although I really can't stand Common as an actor, just doesn't work for me for some reason.

Looking forward to S2.

I thought Common was good! And Ferguson brilliant.

Decent series. I'll watch S2 if I have nothing to do, but I won't be rushing to recommend it to anyone.

On 29/06/2023 at 13:39, villa4europe said:

Pretty telling isn't it that next to none of them are getting big roles or much hollywood work despite the show being so successful, most of them have had a shot at a blockbuster and then disappeared

Pedro Pascal maybe the one who had the biggest break out? And he'd been in a fair bit before it

The bloke who played Rob Stark has had some big roles as well, meant to be lined up as next Bond as well 

On 03/07/2023 at 14:53, Seat68 said:

I think you are right, it went off on a tangent so I am of the same mind. That said my wife and daughter are off to Cornwall in august and have talked about visiting the witch museum on the way home at Boscastle, neither of them are impressed when I asked them to buy me a witch skin hat.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477ir67n6s6lvzm5mycs

On a different note, near the witch museum is near a restaurant called The Rocket Store, it’s incredible. A must visit if in Boscastle 

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

I thought Common was good! And Ferguson brilliant.

I'd not seen or heard of Common before so after a search on YouTube found some of his music quite good, and I'm in no way a fan of Hip-Hop/Rap.

Two seasons into Yellowstone, took a few attempts to get into it but now I'm hooked.

Beth Dutton is the greatest female character on TV, that shoplifting scene...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Agreed,  I finished it.  Nice balance and use of various characters with various plot lines.
Much better than expected.

Im only about 6 eps in suprised how under rated it is. The first episode was fantastic 

• Like 1

We're two seasons into Happy Valley. Some good acting -- almost too good, at times. Wife can't stand the Jake Bugg theme song, and I laugh at times at the plot absurdities and melodrama, but it's still been enjoyable for us (a couple of overeducated and generally Anglophilic Americans in our 50s). 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

We're two seasons into Happy Valley. Some good acting -- almost too good, at times. Wife can't stand the Jake Bugg theme song, and I laugh at times at the plot absurdities and melodrama, but it's still been enjoyable for us (a couple of overeducated and generally Anglophilic Americans in our 50s). 

There is a scene, actually there are multiple scenes but a specific scene in the final series, a phone call between 2 characters and ones in a coffee shop. They must have said at the end, that's the bafta. It's great. 

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

Do not watch the final season.  Utter garbage.  2/10.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

46 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

Do not watch the final season.  Utter garbage.  2/10.

Counterpoint.

The last season and in particular the finale were perfect. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Â