Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just finished A Small Light the true story about the people who helped hide Anne Frank and her family in Amsterdam during World War 2. It is brilliant but heartbreaking and I am not ashamed to say the last episode made me cry. It is on Disney+. 

Edited by markavfc40
  • Like 1

On 30/06/2023 at 21:15, PieFacE said:

Anyone watching Silo? Excellent ending to the first season.

Started watching and it was intriguing but stopped at episode 4 as it was just too slow. Then the announcement for series 2 came out and I thought we won't get all the answers at the end of 1 now.

Might watch the last episode and see if it makes me want to watch the next series or paint some walls and watch them dry instead.

On 30/06/2023 at 10:12, stuart_75 said:

Just started watching Snowfall on Disney+ after being it being recommended by a friend, so far so good after 2 episodes. Anyone else watched it on here?

Yep it’s good but did start to drag a little bit. I also can’t remember how season 5 ended but I think there’s a 6th season now.

Finally.....FINALLY got around to watching the sopranos and really enjoyed it...some dark moments, some funny....Paulie and Silv were the archetypal, throwback Italian-American mobsters.

The ending though....

Spoiler

I honestly thought my TV had packed up ! Then I looked up explanations for it and it made perfect sense :clap:

2 hours ago, Seat68 said:

What We Wo In The Shadows returns to FX in the states in a couple of weeks.

I love WWDITS however confess the last season was pretty poor by the usual high standard. 

Hopefully this season will get the series back on track. 

20 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I love WWDITS however confess the last season was pretty poor by the usual high standard. 

Hopefully this season will get the series back on track. 

I think you are right, it went off on a tangent so I am of the same mind. That said my wife and daughter are off to Cornwall in august and have talked about visiting the witch museum on the way home at Boscastle, neither of them are impressed when I asked them to buy me a witch skin hat.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477ir67n6s6lvzm5mycs

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

I think you are right, it went off on a tangent so I am of the same mind. That said my wife and daughter are off to Cornwall in august and have talked about visiting the witch museum on the way home at Boscastle, neither of them are impressed when I asked them to buy me a witch skin hat.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e477ir67n6s6lvzm5mycs

So many great episodes and characters (the interplay between Matt Berry and Natasia Demetriou is particularly entertaining) but they dropped the ball last season. 

For me, they’ll do well to top the episode Colin’s Promotion from S2.

Might have to watch it all again at some point 

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

So many great episodes and characters (the interplay between Matt Berry and Natasia Demetriou is particularly entertaining) but they dropped the ball last season. 

For me, they’ll do well to top the episode Colin’s Promotion from S2.

Might have to watch it all again at some point 

I wasnt happy with the lack of the proper Colin Robinson character and had to deal with what they were doing with him. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Is this another new season after the baby Colin one? I thought that was new.

The last season was Colin growing up, it was OK, it ended with him being an Adult Colin Robinson.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Seat68 said:

The last season was Colin growing up, it was OK, it ended with him being an Adult Colin Robinson.

This season was far better than the last, I particularly liked the genie. The episode with regard to Nandors penis enlargement had me in stitches ‘that will do pig’

12 hours ago, tomav84 said:

does silo ever get going? had high hopes but just not into it at all after 5 episodes

I stuck with it and it was a decent final episode. Yes it could of been condensed by a couple of episodes but overall I enjoyed it.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, tomav84 said:

does silo ever get going? had high hopes but just not into it at all after 5 episodes

I liked it, but seems quite a few people don't. Seems a bit marmite

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

I liked it, but seems quite a few people don't. Seems a bit marmite

Same here. I knew broadly what I was getting from the first season without knowing any details so it being a bit slow wasn't a surprise to me. Not read the novels mind.

Think the world worked and it looked nice. Acting was good although I really can't stand Common as an actor, just doesn't work for me for some reason.

Looking forward to S2.

• Like 1

Â