Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

52 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I thought the end was great (as was the end of Dark). 

It was all good but I would be a liar if I said I fully understood it 

Spoiler

Was the spacecraft another created reality? Or are we not supposed to know? 

Just discovered F is for Family on Netflix. As I'm a big fan of Bill Burr's comedy, I was surprised I've never seen this when it first came out.

It's the funniest "adult" cartoon I've ever watched, the rants from the dad (voiced by Burr) and the scrapes that the kids get into are hilarious. Fully recommend this to anyone in their 40's or 50's.

Started watching Candy on Disney+ last night a true story about a woman accused of the axe murder of her neighbour back in the 80's. Only 5 episodes and have watched 3 so far and it is really good with some good acting especially Jessica Biel in the lead role. Will watch the last 2 episodes tonight. 

Also watched Deceit the other night (on Amazon Prime or All 4) which is based on the true story of a controversial police investigation into the brutal murder of Rachel Nickell in 1992. Again really good and only 4 episodes. 

Edited by markavfc40

2 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

They just showed the full trailer for the first time (I think) for The Last of Us at half time in the football.

Looks brilliant.

The TV spots are out so snippets of new stuff

Brief clip of the new true detective in there too

Season 2 of an American saga wu tang clan is on disney, couple of episodes in and I think it's getting even better

They've absolutely nailed the soundtrack, said before watching things like snowfall I wish they just went a little bit further with the soundtrack and the setting, they flirt with it rather than going all in and this does so much more

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Season 2 of an American saga wu tang clan is on disney, couple of episodes in and I think it's getting even better

They've absolutely nailed the soundtrack, said before watching things like snowfall I wish they just went a little bit further with the soundtrack and the setting, they flirt with it rather than going all in and this does so much more

Season 2 episode 6 visualising how sampling works is brilliant

Sat what you like about hip hop but I think sampling and the ear for it is an incredible skill

On 31/12/2022 at 22:17, mjmooney said:

Yeah, really hope they get the green light for the sequel. 

Just been cancelled.

1899, for those who didn’t see the quoted post.

Edited by jim
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, jim said:

Just been cancelled.

1899, for those who didn’t see the quoted post.

Seems bizarre, I thought it was doing really well critically and was in the top 10 watched for ages.

34 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Seems bizarre, I thought it was doing really well critically and was in the top 10 watched for ages.

Apparently production was fraught with problems and very expensive, most expensive German production ever.

They used volume ( real-time green screen) for most of the filming and they had to go back and tidy everything up in post using CG. I guess Netflix didn’t want to fund further production. Dark by comparison was very cheap to produce.

Just finished watching The English on BBC.

Wonderful cinematography, interesting cast and very well-scripted too.

I'd recommend it even if you don't like Westerns as it is rather un-Western like in a traditional sense.

• Like 2

Â