Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just finished watching Season 1 & 2 of The Wire. LOVED the first season, but the second season was overwhelmingly "meh" for me.

So, im torn between sticking with the wire and purchasing season 3 & 4, (ive heard 4 is very very good!), or going for something new. I hear the killing is very good, or could go for a classic ive never seen such as the sorpranos, or the west wing.

Thoughts ladies and gents? (i'd ask the General, but he's awol!).

Stick with the Wire its some of the best tv ever, you won't regret it.

Original Killing or the naff American one?

Just finished watching Season 1 & 2 of The Wire. LOVED the first season, but the second season was overwhelmingly "meh" for me.

So, im torn between sticking with the wire and purchasing season 3 & 4, (ive heard 4 is very very good!), or going for something new. I hear the killing is very good, or could go for a classic ive never seen such as the sorpranos, or the west wing.

Cheers for the advice buddy!

Without question the original, I despise the "Americanisation" of most things! (I am curious about the US Millenium Trilogy films however....)

Bollocks, forgot about shooting stars, is last weeks still on iplayer? ill watch that if it is then watch tonights later on.

Heres my monthly obligatory 'watch X-Files' comment!

The Killing.

Brilliant.

It's okay, it's a bit... obvious. Been done before 2000 times.

I mean....

***** HUGE SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN ALL EPISODES*******

You are aware, I hope, that there's 13 more episodes of this and that you've almost certainly fallen for the mother of all red herrings...

(Don't know where Channel 4 is in their run)

The Killing.

Brilliant.

It's okay, it's a bit... obvious. Been done before 2000 times.

I mean....

***** HUGE SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO HAVE SEEN ALL EPISODES*******

You are aware, I hope, that there's 13 more episodes of this and that you've almost certainly fallen for the mother of all red herrings...

(Don't know where Channel 4 is in their run)

Oooooh really? :lol:

There's more episodes to come?

Dont I look a bit stupid :P

Is there any software out there that actually does what this thread does? Kind of like genius does for music? Id like to be able to tell it what TV shows ive liked and it recommends me shows, but from all around the world so may discover a few hidden gems or things ive missed over the years

It's not that difficult to implement software to do that (though Amazon et al probably have patents on this sort of thing).

EDIT: TiVO would be very interested in doing that I'd think... integrate it with the EPG to put record shows that you might like...

It's not that difficult to implement software to do that (though Amazon et al probably have patents on this sort of thing).

I'd guess Tivo would come knocking if you did anything to do with TV show recommendations.

Cheers for the advice buddy!

Without question the original, I despise the "Americanisation" of most things! (I am curious about the US Millenium Trilogy films however....)

Opted to stick with the wire and bought season 3 from amazon for £15. The Wire is super expensive, £30 for te first season! So ill wait till that comes down a bit in price.

Â