Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Just got to the end (episode 13) of The Killing. Good though this series has been, it felt like it needs one more show to round it off. Why add a new mystery twist in the last 5 minutes and leave it unanswered. Surely not another wholr series on the same murder?

That's basically what's going to happen.

Remember, the Danish original was 2 series of 10 episodes each (though viewer demand meant that the second series aired much earlier than planned). BBC4 showed the Danish series as one run of 20 episodes, but structurally it was two series.

The US series largely retains the structure of the Danish one (things have changed, not least, it's been stated that the killer was changed): adverts and US network demand for 13 episode series mean that the 10 Danish episodes per series become 13 episodes.

That said, AMC could have been a bit more open about the whole thing stretching out over 2 series.

Anyone seen Raising hope? if so whats your verdict

I really enjoyed it. Every episode has a few real funny scenes. If you enjoyed the first few series of My Name Is Earl then you may like it. Though, i think it's better than MNIE.

Pretty good show - Maw Maw is the best!

Another show I quite enjoy is Mike & Molly - about two fatties who meet at Overeaters Anonymous & fall in love.

If you can get past the annoying laugh track and the slightly cheesy delivery the writing is excellent and the support cast is great.

There are fat jokes aplenty but it is always done in a way where you are laughing with them more than at them.

armadillo was a great shout, very good documentary

i can remember it kicking up a fuss at the time because of the final 30 mins, utter bollocks IMO i dont see how you can come that close to death and not be buzzing your tits off after, for all the bravado and chatting shit the blonde guy did after i bet that hit him hard when the adrenaline died down

main points of interest for me was the compensation payment, the carrying of the dead scene and the model plane which i love

Remember, the Danish original was 2 series of 10 episodes each (though viewer demand meant that the second series aired much earlier than planned). BBC4 showed the Danish series as one run of 20 episodes, but structurally it was two series.

The US series largely retains the structure of the Danish one (things have changed, not least, it's been stated that the killer was changed): adverts and US network demand for 13 episode series mean that the 10 Danish episodes per series become 13 episodes.

This I did not know. It looks like AMC haven't made season 2 and may not do....maybe I should just watch the second ten in Danish

So I think I'm ready to start a series again......the last time I did this was with the Sopranos which took over my life, so I haven't started anything like that again for years. What do you think I should go for - Dexter and The Wire have been recommended.....

So I think I'm ready to start a series again......the last time I did this was with the Sopranos which took over my life, so I haven't started anything like that again for years. What do you think I should go for - Dexter and The Wire have been recommended.....

The Wire, in a heartbeat. It is still the high water mark in television as far as I am concerned.

My other recommendation would be Boardwalk Empire. Season 2 starts in a couple of weeks, you can blitz through Season 1 (12 hour long episodes) before it starts and be up to date in time for the new episodes.

10 episodes into season 2 of Breaking Bad. It's a great series, can't believe I didn't watch it sooner.

Love the chemistry (pun totally intended), between Walt and Jesse. Love Hank too.

Isn't it much more fun though when Walt isn't with his family?

Â