Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I know I'm quite far behind with this one but I finally got to the Season 4 finale of Dexter last night. I was so shocked with the final twist and to be honest felt gutted about it. Rita is so hot, would totally smash her back doors in. Looking forward to getting Season 5 though to see how it pans out.

Started watching "The Walking Dead" this week after finishing Mad Men season 4 (which was ace by the way)

Walking Dead is good, but I can't help thinking it's a handful of good actors and a better script away from being brilliant.

Concept is good, if a bit unoriginal, but the acting and dialogue is so shit at times it's embarassing.

If you like deadpan mockumentaries then try this.

82020189.jpg

Sample line.

"Heathrow airport. Statistically one of the busiest airports in the known world. In effect, this is a small self-contained city, with all of the facilities that a modern city needs, including its own airport."

after finishing Mad Men season 4 (which was ace by the way)

A few people have said this and I've battled my way through 5 episodes of season one and its been monstrously dull. Really thin storyline. When does it get better, can I skip straight to a later season?

A few people have said this and I've battled my way through 5 episodes of season one and its been monstrously dull. Really thin storyline. When does it get better, can I skip straight to a later season?

I thought the same. Didn't think it was dull, btu didn't see why it was so well thought of (in fact if you go back in this thread you can probably find my comments saying exactly that)

But it does get good. Can't really pinpoint where. MY advice would be persevere with it. Season 4 is fantastic, although slightly anticlimactical in the finale.

watching stuido 60 after finising the west wing a few weeks ago, gutted to know this show only got one season, it's great!

think dexter is the next multi season show we're going to take up next, that or dead wood.

oh and house really needs to end this season, gone rapidly downhill sadly

If you aren't a fan of season 1 its unlikely you'll like the rest, for the most part the show is slow(i prefer to say deliberately) paced, and as one of my friends who watched the first two seasons said 'I kept waiting for something to happen but it never did'

The appeal of the show to me is watching the characters interact in the 60s setting.

Would just like to recommend Arrested Development once again.

I've been watching the show again recently for the 100th time and it's still unbelievably funny. Without out a doubt my favorite comedy show and the number of subtle jokes they can put into a scene is ridiculous.

It's also very rare to have such a good cast where everyone is funny. Can't recommend it enough!

Would just like to recommend Arrested Development once again.

I've been watching the show again recently for the 100th time and it's still unbelievably funny. Without out a doubt my favorite comedy show and the number of subtle jokes they can put into a scene is ridiculous.

It's also very rare to have such a good cast where everyone is funny. Can't recommend it enough!

:thumb:

Spartacus: Blood and Sand is very highly recommended. Blood blood, few tits and an interesting storyline.

Also Game of Thrones is being repeated en block from 9pm on Sunday on Sky Atlantic if you missed an episode seeing as I don't think its on Sky Anytime.

Just finished the 2nd series of 'The Sarah Connor Chronicles'.

Not bad but nowhere near as good as the first season. (The first was so good I was wondering how the hell they could have stopped it)

Started off really well and ended the same, but it was let down by an extremely padded middle third.

In saying that it was still a lot better than most of the sci-fi crap coming out in recent years and I would have loved another series, hey ho!

If you aren't a fan of season 1 its unlikely you'll like the rest, for the most part the show is slow(i prefer to say deliberately) paced, and as one of my friends who watched the first two seasons said 'I kept waiting for something to happen but it never did'

The appeal of the show to me is watching the characters interact in the 60s setting.

Agreed. I thought the same after half of season 1, I just thought "There doesn't seem to be anything going on long term"

but there is. it's very much character based, and it develops slowly and ultimately pays off.

There's also some gem moments disperesed throughout the show

Â