Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Entourage!!

Is Entourage good?    Is it more of a sitcom than plot driven?

What makes it stand out from the pack?

I like series which move a plot forward, rather than individual episodes, issue-of-the-week, type of drama.

Would i like it because of that?

Whats the easiest comparision to some other TV show?

Edited by ender4

Under The Dome starts tonight on Channel 5 at 10pm

and series 2 of Top Boy starts tomorrow night at 9pm on C4

Will be recording both.

so did I, I really liked top boy, also glad C4 have seen sense and dropped the 4 episodes in a week bollocks

really liking ray Donovan but im guessing that will come to an end and be replaced with the newsroom the 1st week of September

trollied starts again on Thursday too I think

Just got to the episode of The Sopranos where

Bobby sucker punches Tony and kicks his ass

LOL holy shit brilliant

Its that episode I think tony and bobby are talking on the boat. Something is said on the boat that is crucial to understanding the last episode of the show.

Entourage!!

Is Entourage good? Is it more of a sitcom than plot driven?

I like series which move a plot forward, rather than individual episodes, issue-of-the-week, type of drama.

Yes its great. Definitely a funny show but not a traditional sitcom (it's HBO after all). There's no laugh track or anything. Can't really think of anything its like. More character driven than situational.

Ari Gold the agent is one of the funniest characters ever.

The first season is only 6 half hour episodes do there's nothing to lose by giving it a try.

• Like 2

Entourage!!

Is Entourage good? Is it more of a sitcom than plot driven?

There is no comparison. It's like sex and the city but for guys.

It's really fantastic. Johnny drama and ari gold are two of the greatest ever tv characters.

It's not hilarious or anything. Just a really fun, cool show. First season is basically them having fun like most movie stars do then the rest of the seasons focuses more on their emotions and relationships mixed in with cool stuff. It does have plots and storylines that carry on throughout the season such as one of the characters setting up a tequila business and you see the business rise and fall throughout each episode

Edited by donnie

I never watch Dragons' Den, but I'm watching tonight as the first up (the girl pitching a fashion magazine) went to school with my daughter. 

She's been reduced to tears. Hey ho. 

I'm currently re-watching Entourage. It's awesome. Ari Gold in one of the greatest TV characters ever!

Their was a show from the makers of entourage called 'how to make it in America'. No where near as good as entourage but id recommend it. Unfortunately it was axed after 2 series. About broke guys who were trying to launch a fashion label

Edited by donnie

I'm currently re-watching Entourage. It's awesome. Ari Gold in one of the greatest TV characters ever!

Their was a show from the makers of entourage called 'how to make it in America'. No where near as good as entourage but id recommend it. Unfortunately it was axed after 2 series. About broke guys who were trying to launch a fashion label

Seen it :)

Really liked it. Was a bit gutted when it was cancelled.

I know i kinda say this every week, but Dexter is soooooooooooo bad now. Wish it would just finish so I can stop watching it!

Seen it :)

Really liked it. Was a bit gutted when it was cancelled.

I know i kinda say this every week, but Dexter is soooooooooooo bad now. Wish it would just finish so I can stop watching it!

I need a dollar

u seem to have same taste in tv as me. You need to watch 'the shield', great show, kinda like a more fast paced 'the wire'.

'the borgias' is also very good, and 'sons of anarchy' is another you will like. Boardwalk empire is excellent, gets better as it goes along

I think I've watched too much TV in the last couple of years, I've seen most of the big shows and have ran out of things to watch

LOST

The Wire

BSG

Sopranos

Homeland

GoT

Band of Brothers

Breaking Bad

Prison Break

I've seen all those, the only ones that spring to mind that I haven't seen are 24 and Boardwalk Empire. I tried Dexter and couldn't get into it at all.

Just started watching Arrested Development. I can't believe I missed this, it's fantastic.

And all of a sudden, hundreds more jokes on the internet make sense.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Â