Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Sessegnon has said he wants to leave PSG, I think he'd be a great signing for you.

Whilst I wouldn't mind seeing his quality here, he would have to leave his ego behind.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It amazes me when people on her talk about players such as Kevin Davies, James Beattie and Yakubu in recent times.

Are you guys serious about Villa in a way that you want us to actually compete for CL football or not?

The above players are no beater than the players we have, and probably worse.

Why the hell would you want players of this calibre (as in, their past it) in our team.

Anyone still talking about Yakubu after one of the worst misses in World Cup history??? :D

all great strikers miss easy chances, he still went on to score

A penalty.

he still showed mental strength to put it away, many players wouldn't even have taken the penalty after that miss

Anyone still talking about Yakubu after one of the worst misses in World Cup history??? :D

A penalty.

he still showed mental strength to put it away, many players wouldn't even have taken the penalty after that miss

To be fair though that was an awful penalty. If the goalkeeper had dived the right way everybody would be agreeing with me. I don't understand how the commentator said it was a good penalty either yet when Podolski's penalty which he smashed and produced a good save off the Serbian keeper last week was a bad penalty in the words of Johnathan Pearce. It was a good save.

A penalty.

To be fair though that was an awful penalty. If the goalkeeper had dived the right way everybody would be agreeing with me. I don't understand how the commentator said it was a good penalty either yet when Podolski's penalty which he smashed and produced a good save off the Serbian keeper last week was a bad penalty in the words of Johnathan Pearce. It was a good save.

in what way, shape or form was it an awful pen? it hit the back of the net, it's no fluke with him, he always does it and I don't remember him ever missing a pen

Agreed. I thought Yakubu's penalty was poor and lucky.

A penalty.

in what way, shape or form was it an awful pen? it hit the back of the net, it's no fluke with him, he always does it and I don't remember him ever missing a pen

Mate, what the hell? Read what I just put; it would have been classed as an awful penalty if the keeper had saved it. You would even find yourself hard to disagree.

A penalty.

Mate, what the hell? Read what I just put; it would have been classed as an awful penalty if the keeper had saved it. You would even find yourself hard to disagree.

most penalties are awful if the keeper saves them but the keeper didn't.....Yakubu never misses pens, you can't fault his penalty taking style

Not a big fan of the yak but you can't say it was an awlful pen because that's how he takes them and most of the time he scores. It wasn't lucky because he seems to wait for the keeper to move and then just slides it the other way. Yakubu is a great penalty taker

A penalty.

most penalties are awful if the keeper saves them but the keeper didn't.....Yakubu never misses pens, you can't fault his penalty taking style

Shall we sign him just for his penalty taking then? :|

A penalty.

Shall we sign him just for his penalty taking then? :|

he's a very good finisher and would thrive in our team imo