Jez

He's played in the Championship for the majority of his career, ffs.

everyone has to start somewhere, he can be a top player but it's up to him

Ah the perfect get out. If he makes it you say told you so and if he doesn't you say its down to him.

give it a rest trent, he has so much natural ability

Give what a rest? Questionning your outlandish statements? No sorry.

If you want to keep claiming players as "once in a generation" and predicting they will be "one of the best in the world" then you have to live with people including me challenging these statements.

I haven't kept count, but so far I think sir_gary_cahill has predicted that approximately 6,975,267,883* people are "once in a generation" or "one of the best in the world" footballers.

*estimated population of Earth at time of this message being posted is 6,975,267,883.

Plymouth Argyle sign Robbie Williams and Durrell Berry

Plymouth Argyle have signed former Rochdale left-back Robbie Williams and ex-Aston Villa trainee Durrell Berry.

The pair, who are both free agents, are the first players to be signed by Argyle manager Peter Reid this summer.

The experienced Williams, 26, has played around 200 games in nine seasons with Barnsley, Blackpool, Huddersfield, Stockport and Rochdale.

Full-back Berry, 19, was released after being part of the Villa team which reached the 2009-10 Youth Cup Final.

Reid is also giving trials to Andy Crompton, an 18-year-old forward formerly on the books at Manchester United, and fellow striker Luke Daley, 21, who made ten appearances in all competitions for Norwich City the season before last.

Former Villa youngster goes to Plymouth

I haven't kept count, but so far I think sir_gary_cahill has predicted that approximately 6,975,267,883* people are "once in a generation" or "one of the best in the world" footballers.

*estimated population of Earth at time of this message being posted is 6,975,267,883.

That's very unfair, as he's also stated a number of players should have their legs chopped off and should never again be allowed within 100 miles of a football.

Ajax have snapped up 21 year old striker Kolbeinn Sigþórsson from AZ Alkmaar for around 4 million Euros. He scored 15 goals for AZ in the Eredivisie last season.

I think it's the perfect step for him, Dortmund and some other teams were said to be interested but I think that would have been to big of a leap.

Clichy is **** awful.

Terrible signing for City and good business by Arsenal.

Signing Clichy has **** up Man Citys 'big team' tag. Teams will just target Clichy as the massive weakness that he is.

I really really don't rate Clichy.

Not a lot of transfer activity at all on the whole, a bit boring really.