Jez

Hasn't schmeichel done the same? The old I want to play in the prem before going sideways to a richer club

sound familiar?

Schmeichel was flogged to Leicester. He never requested the move :)

So 5 clubs have matched Neymar's buyout clause.

Real Madrid, Manchester City, Barcelona, Chelsea and, yup, you guessed it, Anzhi Makhachkala.

Anzhi Makhachkala

Recently bought by a Russian billionaire who has quickly pumped in money in. They are the current employers of Roberto Carlos, one of the clearest examples of the money going in - they've given him 5m Euros a year and the owner bought him a Veyron for his birthday.

Tasci for Harry!

So I only posted it for the pun.

Spurs could move for Tasci

Tottenham Hotspur are eager to sign Stuttgart centre-back Serdar Tasci, according to the player's agent.

Harry Redknapp is thought to be keen to strengthen in defence following the departure of Jonathan Woodgate and Ledley King's persistent injury problems, and he is reported to have made a bid for Tasci last summer.

The player's agent, Maurizio Gaudino, has now claimed Spurs are still monitoring Tasci's situation but may face competition from other Premier League clubs.

"Tottenham and two other English clubs are keen on Serdar," Gaudino said in The Sun. "No discussions are yet under way, but it's down to the interested clubs to speak with Stuttgart and myself."

Germany international Tasci, 24, is thought to be worth around £12 million and has also been linked with Arsenal, Juventus, Lazio and Malaga.

Neymar won't last long in Europe if he carries on the way he does. Possibly the worst diver and most petulant player I've ever seen.

Those qualities got Ashley Young a transfer to Manchester United!

Marseille are interested in re-signing Didier Drogba - but only if the club can afford to meet the Ivorian striker's wage demands.

Drogba starred for OM during his single season at the Velodrome before departing for Chelsea in a £24million move in 2004.

The 33-year-old has a year remaining on his current deal at Stamford Bridge and it is not yet known if he is part of new Blues manager Andre Villas-Boas' plans.

Marseille president Vincent Labrune is confident the club could afford the transfer fee for Drogba, but admits meeting his salary demands may prove more difficult as players will have to be sold to make way.

"The question is whether in terms of salary, I do not mean the transfer, Marseille have the means for four years to pay Didier Drogba," Labrune told La Provence newspaper.

"I answer 'yes'. But we cannot afford 11 Didier Drogbas.

"So is it possible? Yes, but in the case of departures."

Marseilles annual 'we want Drogba back' statement

The shocking part for me is that they would give a 33 year old a 4 year deal! :?

Great signing. It'll be interesting to see how quickly they integrate him into the side. I don't think he's quite ready for PL but it won't take him long.

Way more to him than that, although he is a big lad. Though not on the same scale, that's a bit like saying Rooney stood out at that age cuz he was a bit bigger than other 18 year olds. From what I've seen of Wickham he has the knack of making the most from most of his opportunities. He's very efficient with his chances and with the ball. All of this from someone who is also quite a big lad for his age. I think it's money well spent.

Way more to him than that, although he is a big lad. Though not on the same scale, that's a bit like saying Rooney stood out at that age cuz he was a bit bigger than other 18 year olds. From what I've seen of Wickham he has the knack of making the most from most of his opportunities. He's very efficient with his chances and with the ball. All of this from someone who is also quite a big lad for his age. I think it's money well spent.

I don't disagree with you often (or ever, that I can recall!) but Wickham's guff for me. I've been underwhelmed whenever I've watched him, be it for Ipswich or England. Maybe my expectations were a bit much, but at the least that seems like silly money for someone who, for me, is yet to impress in the Championship.

Still, if he proves me wrong I will happily kowtow to your judgement. :)

From what little I've seen of him his movement and reading of the game wasn't anything special, the price tag is just shy of ridiculous and if he shines he'll be a £24m signing for a bigger club in a few years time but no doubtthe mackems are wanking themselves half to death

I don't disagree with you often (or ever, that I can recall!) but Wickham's guff for me. I've been underwhelmed whenever I've watched him, be it for Ipswich or England. Maybe my expectations were a bit much, but at the least that seems like silly money for someone who, for me, is yet to impress in the Championship.

Still, if he proves me wrong I will happily kowtow to your judgement. :)

I'll qualify it by saying that they have paid top dollar for him. I just think it will work out for them that's all.