Jez

SGC isn't exaggerating for once ;)

Technically the lad can do anything, I'd say he has more talent in he's little toe then a lot of our players. However that doesn't make you a good footballer. If he sorts himself out mentally, he can be a star but it's a big if.

thanks alex, i'm confident that he will fulfil his potential if he stays focused mentally

I just can't see him ever being a top player because of his attitude. a 'good' attitude for him still requires forcing team mates not to pass him the ball if he's in his own half, him not having to do any sort of defensive work and building a team around him to allow that to a happen. There is no top team who is going to build a team around Taarabt. He has the talent of a top player but not the attitude.

He's played in the Championship for the majority of his career, ffs.

everyone has to start somewhere, he can be a top player but it's up to him

Ah the perfect get out. If he makes it you say told you so and if he doesn't you say its down to him.

He's played in the Championship for the majority of his career, ffs.

everyone has to start somewhere, he can be a top player but it's up to him

Ah the perfect get out. If he makes it you say told you so and if he doesn't you say its down to him.

give it a rest trent, he has so much natural ability

Yeah, but he's quite obviously an arrogant prick. As soon as he goes to a team where he isn't the big fish, and he can't do what he want and the team isn't built around him, he'll be a very average player.

If you want to win trophies, you don't build your team around a player who has played in the Championship for 95% of his career, and you don't pay £13.5m for him either.

I don't think it's a fair point when he's only played in the Championship for two full seasons and he's 22. When he joined Tottenham, Comolli and Ramos were at the club, Redknapp came in and they were gone. Taarabt is a troubled individual and although no-where near the level of Stephen Ireland needs support. If people say Houllier isolated Ireland then Redknapp must be on a total different level as Taarabt never got a chance. He has since been willing to drop down a level where he has shone and is now wanted by the most ambitious team in France right now.

Oh and also people forget that he came to England at a very young age with very few French speakers around him. It can be very tough to come to a new country and adjust to a culture and he has admitted himself that he made a mistake moving to Tottenham at the time.

He will never be one of the best players in the world.

i don't see why he can't be with the natural ability that he has, he is the complete footballer, he can do anything with a football

he can do anything with a ball, but so could trundle. However, neithegr of them think tactically, and have to be carried when the team are defending, a luxury high level teams cant afford. Even Zidane, messi etc fulfilled basic duties when they didnt have possesion. Trabaat needs to learn a hel of a lot. He needs to learn to play an actual position to, QPR gave him free reign as they could afford to at that level, like swansea did with trundle. A long way of being great atm. Being able to tackle wouldnt be bad either.

He is the best player in Brazil and very good and some people want him nationalised and was main reason Fluminense won league last year.

still a strange mocve for him

Taarabt argument is that he needs to prove himself at a higher level. For the pain in the arse he is he needs to be special/special. Not just a show pony, he'll end up in Qatar or somewhere in the not too distance future. When his big moves fails due to his personality.

I remember when Jason Koumas (probably most impressive but insert Dorrans, Kamara, Sidwell etc) looked like Zidane in that league...