Jez

Anyone listening to Talksport? Trying to jusify Carroll@s transfer price and one newcastle fan saying he worth alot more. Then Adrian saying Suarez and Carroll match made in heaven, This world is mad

I was just about to post that. Adrian Durham is pissing me off today. I always wonder if he actually believes what he says or whether he simply says something to oppose the other host which in this case is Darren Gough. Therefore artificially developing an argument/debate. He is now saying Daren Bent at £20 odd million is more of a rip off then Carroll at £35 million. What a joke. How many times do I have to say this, Darren Bent has proved over 5 years he can score lots of prem goals in this division, he is a better striker then Carroll.

Seriously? He said that?

And this is why Talksport will never have any credibility...A guy who has been in the Premiership for 6 months valued at £35m, compared to an out and out goalscorer in Darren Bent who has proven year after year that he can score 20+ goals a season for £18m. No argument!! What muppets!

At that to the fact that they are discussing football with an ex cricketer in Darren Gough, just makes the station completely comical!

Anyone listening to Talksport? Trying to jusify Carroll@s transfer price and one newcastle fan saying he worth alot more. Then Adrian saying Suarez and Carroll match made in heaven, This world is mad

I was just about to post that. Adrian Durham is pissing me off today. I always wonder if he actually believes what he says or whether he simply says something to oppose the other host which in this case is Darren Gough. Therefore artificially developing an argument/debate. He is now saying Daren Bent at £20 odd million is more of a rip off then Carroll at £35 million. What a joke. How many times do I have to say this, Darren Bent has proved over 5 years he can score lots of prem goals in this division, he is a better striker then Carroll.

Seriously? He said that?

And this is why Talksport will never have any credibility...A guy who has been in the Premiership for 6 months valued at £35m, compared to an out and out goalscorer in Darren Bent who has proven year after year that he can score 20+ goals a season for £18m. No argument!! What muppets!

At that to the fact that they are discussing football with an ex cricketer in Darren Gough, just makes the station completely comical!

I know! And you can phone up TalkSport and tell them why they are idiots for the bargain price of £1 a minute! Anybody would think their 'controversial' stance on everything was a deliberate ploy to attract callers...

To be fair even though Gough never played football, he makes more valid points then most of the guys on talksport.As for Carroll, Durham states that he is unplayable, is only 21 and so has loads of potential blah blah blah. Adrian Durham also said he can't imagine Bent playing for a top 4 club, and that ''that there is a reason why none of the big 4 bid for him''.

I wonder how Liverpool fans would have felt if Hodgson had paid nearly £40 million for Andy Carroll.

Probably the same as they would have felt if it was Hodgson who played Glenn Johnson at left back away at Blackpool and lost 2-1! :lol:

I wonder how Liverpool fans would have felt if Hodgson had paid nearly £40 million for Andy Carroll.

Probably the same as they would have felt if it was Hodgson who played Glenn Johnson at left back away at Blackpool and lost 2-1! :lol:

Indeed and beating Wolves and Fulham, they have changed their season around.

Seriously? He said that?

I know! And you can phone up TalkSport and tell them why they are idiots for the bargain price of £1 a minute! Anybody would think their 'controversial' stance on everything was a deliberate ploy to attract callers...

Haha, absolute spot on!

I tuned in once, and to hear Darren Gough talking with Ray Parlour about football had me in stitches.

I really wish Sky would stop apologising for "any language you might have heard in the background". It's annoying. I know you can't control it Sky and I'm a big boy, I can take it :)

I think that is for the ''things that piss me off thread''

Why does everyone hate Liverpool on this forum. I can understand Spurs, because of their deluded fans and thinking they are bigger then they are, but Liverpool, why?

You just answered your own question.

No. At this moment in time Liverpool are the most successful club in British football, even ahead of Manchester United. Their history is much better then Arsenal for example. Their fans being arrogant about their history is alot more justified then Spurs fans, a club whose history is quite good - nothing more. They have always had top players and are probably the 2nd most famous club fron this island. I'm not a Liverpool obviously, but I do respect the fact that their history is immense, and if I be honest, so is their club.

Are you sure your not?

Aston Villa spent 71 years as British footballs most successful club, but nobody gives a **** about us, so why should we care about Liverpool? They have made no impact on anything lately apart from the great fluke of 05, so **** them in their stupid whinging, whining, holier than thou, respect us beacause we said so arses!

I really wish Sky would stop apologising for "any language you might have heard in the background". It's annoying. I know you can't control it Sky and I'm a big boy, I can take it :)

I think that is for the ''things that piss me off thread''

Why does everyone hate Liverpool on this forum. I can understand Spurs, because of their deluded fans and thinking they are bigger then they are, but Liverpool, why?

You just answered your own question.

No. At this moment in time Liverpool are the most successful club in British football, even ahead of Manchester United. Their history is much better then Arsenal for example. Their fans being arrogant about their history is alot more justified then Spurs fans, a club whose history is quite good - nothing more. They have always had top players and are probably the 2nd most famous club fron this island. I'm not a Liverpool obviously, but I do respect the fact that their history is immense, and if I be honest, so is their club.

Are you sure your not?

Aston Villa spent 71 years as British footballs most successful club, but nobody gives a **** about us, so why should we care about Liverpool? They have made no impact on anything lately apart from the great fluke of 05, so **** them in their stupid whinging, whining, holier than thou, respect us beacause we said so arses!

Yes I'm sure I'm not. Lets not go down the ''your not a true fan'', ''I'm more of a fan then you are'', ''you're a troll'' etc. I just deal with facts. I'm not saying you should care about Liverpool, I just think a club who have 5 european cups and 18 league titles is pretty impressive. And you say they have made no impact recently, but only Chelsea and Manchester United have been more successful then them in the past 6 years. 05 euro cup, 06 fa cup and regular top 4 finishes.

Anyway we are going off topic.

Talks between Fernando Torres and Chelsea have broken down, as Torres wife cannot agree terms with John Terry....

AND

Man united have confirmed that howard webb and phil dowd are NOT FOR SALE!!!

**** me I've never seen so much hypocrisy and slant on a story when you compare the media reactions to the Bent and Carroll transfers.And why is it that the Bent deal is always mentioned at £24M but the Carroll transfer is £35M?.So the add-ons only count in the Bent transfer then you clearings in the woods?**** em all.

Oh and for the record £40M for Carroll, Liverpool have had their pants pulled down.