Jez

Interesting stats - if Liverpool pay £35million for Andy Carroll they are getting a player outscored in the Championship last season by Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, Michael Chopra and Charlie Adam.

Liverpool have nothing to really play for this year and will still have Suarez I can't understand why they would blow a load on Andy Carroll absolutely bonkers deal.

because when you read the "only 6 points off spurs" comments on SSN i dont think its really hit home that they have nothing to play for, would losing torres and not replacing him leave liverpools fans and players demotivated? i think it would, the 2nd half of the season could be even shitter without a big signal of intent from the owners

much like i now expect the barcodes to hit a slide, best and ameobi up front until the summer...

This quote made me laugh and sums up the madness:

" Interesting stats - if Liverpool pay £35million for Andy Carroll they are getting a player outscored in the Championship last season by Peter Whittingham, Nicky Maynard, Gary Hooper, Michael Chopra and Charlie Adam "

Talk around here is that Spurs have agreed a deal to sign Rossi for £36m :shock:

Just a rumour but perhaps Spurs didn't want to be outdone in the madness stakes by Liverpool??

To be fair, Rossi is on fire this season and has been getting progressively better, he speaks English so being settled wouldn't be a problem.