Jez

Blackburn sign Ruben Rochina from Barcelona.

Barcelona don't tend to sell young players unless they're flawed. Dos Santos springs to mind.

Cesc says hello :wave:

that's not the same because rochina and dos santos were 19 and barca were able to run the rule over them for years. cesc was 15 when he left and still had some developing to do so he could have gone either way.

oh and he wasn't sold.

Bit different I think, not 100% though.

Barca wanted to keep him but were not allowed to offer him a pro contract as he was only 15. We have no such laws, and Arse signed him on the day of his 16th birthday, if he'd stayed at Barca he'd have had to wait till he was 18.

I think.

8m? :lol: Try £14,000,000.

Having said that, I think he's performed incredibly this season. If he was a weird foreigner Holloway picked up for 500k this Summer, rather than a fat man from Scotland, the price wouldn't be being roundly mocked so.

Interesting point on F365.

Liverpool are spending approx £40m on a player who could be sent to prison in the coming months.

Also, the conditions of his bail are that he has to live with his club captain Kevin Nolan. Does he now have to move in with Steven Gerrard?

:crylaugh:

I find that hilarious!

I'm still in shock from today's events. My mind can't get over Andy Carroll for £35 million, I'm lost for words, in what sense is Carroll better than any sort of world class striker?

He's available.

I'm still in shock from today's events. My mind can't get over Andy Carroll for £35 million, I'm lost for words, in what sense is Carroll better than any sort of world class striker?

I am the same I can't quite comprehend the price they are paying for him and the fact the fans seem alright with it.

Also some "experts" saying it is a fair price. :bonk:

I am the same I can't quite comprehend the price they are paying for him and the fact the fans seem alright with it.

Also some "experts" saying it is a fair price. :bonk:

And those same so called experts were on our back when we signed Darrent Bent, who has a proven goalscoring record in the Prem.

Yet they're pissing themselves over Carroll moving to Liverpool for 10m more than what we paid for Bent, when he's only got 6 months worth of Prem experience.

Mind you, this is Liverpool we're talking here, the media **** love 'em.