Jez

Nottingham forest release striker coach jimmy Floyd hasselbaink in Alex mcleish back room reshuffle.

Makes sense, expect a more defensive coach in place by tomorow.

Shame, I see him around quite a bit and have chatted with him a couple of times. Genuinely nice chap and one of the good guys in the game.

I can see why McLeish wouldn't need a strikers coach. Let alone a Dutch one after all McLeish is a master of Dutch football. :)

Nottingham forest release striker coach jimmy Floyd hasselbaink in Alex mcleish back room reshuffle.

Makes sense, expect a more defensive coach in place by tomorow.

the man should be nowhere near a football team he really shouldn't

Shame, I see him around quite a bit and have chatted with him a couple of times. Genuinely nice chap and one of the good guys in the game.

I met Jimmy a few times when he was wearing Puma boots as a player. He is a really nice guy and was happy to work hard for the money he was paid on sponsorship - attending events, photo/film shoots etc.

And yes, I'm aware that doesn't sound like working hard but it's amazing how many players begrudge doing it!

That's Liverpool paying off the rest of his contract to enable him to get off their books. Something I suggested we do for some of our unwanted players and was told would never be possible

They can spare the cash though, I guess. If our problems truly are rooted in the wage bill, simply paying off the remainder of a player's contract does us no good; for the money we might as well keep hold of them in case of dire emergency or in the hope that we can recoup anything at all for them.

Edited by GarethRDR