Jez

Pretty sure Dave Whelan gave an interview where he more or less said Wigan were a stepping stone for players.

BUt That's the way they operate and it's gotten them this far so don't think we can really complain.

He may have done, never saw it myself but its the way they work would just be surprised if they were so open as to say so in public is all.

Bruce said it when he was there as well.

MacArthur looks like signing for Wigan. More good business by them. They really are one of shrewdest teams in the league with their signings

Jordi Gomez, Jason Scotland, Gary Caldwell, Marcelo Moreno, Scott Sinclair, Ben Watson, Steve Gohouri all disprove this theory

not all bargains pay-off and 3 of them were loan signings.

What about N'Zogbia, Palacios, Valencia, Bullard, Rodallega, Figueroa even Bramble all bought for peanuts and became solid premier league players or better

Yep, i agree.

They obviously havent got a lot of money to spend but they're scouting network definately finds some gems.

I'd throw James Mccarthy into that list too, £1.2m for a 19 year old but everytime i've seen him, he looks like he could be a proper player. Remember him in the game against Liverpool and he ran the midfield, totally bossed Gerrard that day.

MacArthur looks like signing for Wigan. More good business by them. They really are one of shrewdest teams in the league with their signings

Jordi Gomez, Jason Scotland, Gary Caldwell, Marcelo Moreno, Scott Sinclair, Ben Watson, Steve Gohouri all disprove this theory

not all bargains pay-off and 3 of them were loan signings.

What about N'Zogbia, Palacios, Valencia, Bullard, Rodallega, Figueroa even Bramble all bought for peanuts and became solid premier league players or better

Yep, i agree.

They obviously havent got a lot of money to spend but they're scouting network definately finds some gems.

I'd throw James Mccarthy into that list too, £1.2m for a 19 year old but everytime i've seen him, he looks like he could be a proper player. Remember him in the game against Liverpool and he ran the midfield, totally bossed Gerrard that day.

He looks a diamond somebody we should have took from Hamilton. He has been used right by Martinez as well as he wasnt rushed into playing. He was very good vs us at DW as well

From sky::lol:

Football Editor:

According to reports in France, Newcastle United are trying to sign AC Milan midfielder Mathieu Flamini and Marseille attacker Hatem Ben Arfa, with both players understood to be open to a move to St James' Park.

Forgot what it was like to have them in the Premier. Stories like this were commonplace

SSN reckon Mancini has told them that Citeh are after Donovan.

I **** hate Man City. I really admire Donovan and think he'd just be ruined there. I liked him at Everton and Artetasgirls should correct me if I'm wrong but he looked like he fit in well.

Would have loved him at VP too if I'm being honest. America have a couple of cracking players!

I think Wigan are certs to go down next season personally.

Going to be confusing anyway having James McArthur and James McCarthy playing in the same midfield anyway!

I think they have played about 100 times together before so not much of a problem

I **** hate Man City. I really admire Donovan and think he'd just be ruined there. I liked him at Everton and Artetasgirls should correct me if I'm wrong but he looked like he fit in well.

Would have loved him at VP too if I'm being honest. America have a couple of cracking players!

I'll be honest, I can't see him there.

Must be that blindfold you're wearing

You said the same about Lescott and I'm sure you thought Arteta's head would never be turned. Come AG there all the same, every singe player.

You said the same about Lescott and I'm sure you thought Arteta's head would never be turned. Come AG there all the same, every singe player.

Big differences.

1. Donovan has had experience with Bayern Munich. He won't want to experience a repeat of his time there.

2. Donovan isn't moving from Everton, he's moving from the MLS! If anyone wants to prise him away they will have to deal with the MLS authorities, not Everton.

Just read this on the BBC Gossip page

Manchester United's new signing Javier Hernandez, who scored twice playing up front for Mexico at the World Cup, will have the name Chicharito - which means little pea - adorn his shirt next season.

After Christian 'Chucho' Benitez and this are we heading into an era of 'nicknames' on the back of shirts? The FA should never have allowed the first person (whoever it was) to do this as they've now opened the door for everybody.

Big differences.

1. Donovan has had experience with Bayern Munich. He won't want to experience a repeat of his time there.

2. Donovan isn't moving from Everton, he's moving from the MLS! If anyone wants to prise him away they will have to deal with the MLS authorities, not Everton.

1. When people start offering you £120K a week its amazing how easy it is to change your mind. ie Lescott

2. I'm fully aware that Donovan isn't an Everton player thanks.