Jez

Well yeah you picked up the rumour correctly. I just hope it's the latest in a long line of utter codswollop.

You wouldn't be interested in little SWP? I don't think he's that bad. He just needs to settle in and get a few games under his belt, I think he'd be perfect at Villa. Young on one side, SWP on the other, not too bad mate. I only wish he wasn't the size of a subbuteo player.

Whats with the SWP bashing, at last he tries to commit players and take them on unlike a certain Mr Downing we have.

Man City have Ireland,SWP,Richards,Onohua,Bellamy etc all good players who will be shipped out with this 25 man rule.

Id take any of them to be honest and with City wanting Milner its our ideal oppertunity to include as many of these good players as possible in the deal.

I think Newcastle will do well this year. They have a good sensible manager and if the fans dont call for Shearer or Keegan to return I think they will be top 10

I agree with all of that except that I'll say top 15 instead of 10. I think top 10 is too much. Given that the top 8 are pretty much a lock. They'll be up against the likes of Fulham, Stoke, Blackburn and even the defensively stubborn (and well managed) sha to try and get the final top half place. Really can't see that happening over the course of a season.

Looks like Djemba Djemba is going to WBA.

He was a decent player who i felt wasnt given a chance here to show his worth. I think he played about 6 games. Was very impressive for Odense vs Villa 2 years ago in Intertoto Cup. I think he could do a job for WBA

Have to say I never quite got the dismissal of him either. He moved to Man Utd waaay too soon and when he came here, with the limited playing time he got, I thought he did well enough. I even got to see him play live (Old Trafford). Granted, the fact his playing time was limited suggests the manager saw more than we did. But he has gone to Odense and done well and maybe he comes back with some unfinished business to attend to. I agree it could be quite a shrewd move for Brom.

Djembe Djembe hmmmm , the match that always sticks out for me when he played for us was against Liverpool last game of the season , he was fantastic that day and ran the midfield i had high hopes after that match that with him and Berson ( yeah remember him ) in our midfield we'd do well , oh well . But yes i agree he could do a job for the Baggies .

Young, Downing and even Albrighton are comfortably better players than SWP. He just runs into the full backs. He wastes posession far too much. I wouldn't take SWP on a free nevermind as part of the Milner deal.

Free agent Jonathan de Guzmán (formally of Feyenoord) has signed a 3 year deal with RCD Mallorca. He was the midfielder Manchester City were originally after before settling on Sean-Wright Phillips (de Guzmán was keen on the move but the two clubs couldn't agree a fee). He had also been linked with a host of top English clubs (including us) a few seasons back before injuries severly hampered his development.

Strange move as Mallorca are f****d financially and out of Europe atm. He could have went to a team in Europe like Valencia, Atelti or Villareal. He was always going to end up in Spain

Following in the footsteps of his older brother Julian to some extent. I think the injuries were always going to prevent him making an immediate step-up to teams of the level you've mentioned, however if he can prove his fitness and quality with Mallorca I would imagine he'll be making such a move sooner or later.