Jez

BBC News

So Shitteh want Torres aswell, at the "right price", what makes them think that anyone is going to want to sell one of their best players to them of all people at the correct price? As soon as anyone sees their name they will be slapping another £10m on the price tag. Hope Liverpool tell them where to go.

All time record goalscorer and ask any most Real Madrid fan and he is the 2 players they will say is the King are Raul and Di Stefano. He was the main Spanish symbol when the Galactico period ruined their club and the fans absolute love him. Very sad day

Doesn't mean he is the best player. Zidane, Ronaldo were better players by a fairly comfortable distance. Just like C.Ronaldo was better than Giggs but I guess being at a club for such a long time makes you a legend. He is a legend at the club, no doubt but I mean more like, not the best player if you know what I mean.

Sums him up perfectly for me

I respect his records but personally ive never seen the fuss, never looked a world beater or gave me the sense of excitement on the ball that the likes of villa do, every time i watch him i wonder where all the goals have come from

Surprised he's not after a mls move or a spell under o'dreary, schalkes bench is no way to finish

All time record goalscorer and ask any most Real Madrid fan and he is the 2 players they will say is the King are Raul and Di Stefano. He was the main Spanish symbol when the Galactico period ruined their club and the fans absolute love him. Very sad day

Doesn't mean he is the best player. Zidane, Ronaldo were better players by a fairly comfortable distance. Just like C.Ronaldo was better than Giggs but I guess being at a club for such a long time makes you a legend. He is a legend at the club, no doubt but I mean more like, not the best player if you know what I mean.

I respect his records but personally ive never seen the fuss, never looked a world beater or gave me the sense of excitement on the ball that the likes of villa do, every time i watch him i wonder where all the goals have come from

Surprised he's not after a mls move or a spell under o'dreary, schalkes bench is no way to finish

He never any amazing attributes but he was very good at all. Left foot, Right foot, headers, dribbling, positioning, passing etc.

He is not respected in England as he never played in Premier League but why would he when he was the main man in biggest team in world.

Also I doubt he will be on Schalke bench

BBC News

So Shitteh want Torres aswell, at the "right price", what makes them think that anyone is going to want to sell one of their best players to them of all people at the correct price? As soon as anyone sees their name they will be slapping another £10m on the price tag. Hope Liverpool tell them where to go.

If I was Roy i'd take them for all they have and rebuild the squad. Torres is a brilliant player but he won't last much longer in this league IMO.

He never any amazing attributes but he was very good at all. Left foot, Right foot, headers, dribbling, positioning, passing etc.

He is not respected in England as he never played in Premier League but why would he when he was the main man in biggest team in world.

Not respected because he didn't play in England? Well Zidane and Ronaldo didn't and they still get mentioned as greats.

Not respected because he didn't play in England? Well Zidane and Ronaldo didn't and they still get mentioned as greats.

Thats cause they won many titles at international level while Raul played in a poor Spain team.. Same way Totti, Del Piero and Riquelme are not praised by English press and before this World Cup Villa was not respected either

im sure you never see Sky Sports or BBC where they were wondering why Torres never started ahead of Villa and how superior Torres was to Villa. before 2009 Xavi was a joke in media.

Their is one photo of 2008 WPOTY ceremony and i think was the Daily Mail or Guardian and headline was "Best players in the world and Xavi"

The World Cup.

Most average football fans in England watch that and the Premier League. They don't watch leagues such as La Liga and Serie A.

Zatman's right here. The key thing is his longevity at the club. In the same way that Giggs possibly wasnt as good as Christiano Ronaldo, I still think he'll be remembered more fondly because of his length of service at the club rather than the brilliance over a season or 2 ( like Ronaldo at Real ).

It's hard to argue with Raul's accomplishments, even though I never really thought of him as one of the best strikers in the world at any time throughout his career.

The World Cup.

Most average football fans in England watch that and the Premier League. They don't watch leagues such as La Liga and Serie A.

If anything, that makes Raul easier to be thought of as a legend because that is his status at Real Madrid. If you do not watch those leagues regularly and then you are asked if Raul is a great player, I'm sure if you've never seen him regularly then you'd say yes because the fact he plays for Real Madrid and is seen as like a key player there.

The World Cup.

If anything, that makes Raul easier to be thought of as a legend because that is his status at Real Madrid. If you do not watch those leagues regularly and then you are asked if Raul is a great player, I'm sure if you've never seen him regularly then you'd say yes because the fact he plays for Real Madrid and is seen as like a key player there.

You responded to Zatman saying he wasn't respected because he never played in England, by saying neither did Zidane or Ronaldo.

However their reputations in this country are gained by their performances in the World Cup, a competition where Zidane especially performed above his usual ability at Madrid which gave him his big reputation. When the truth was he was quite inconsistent but had his moments of genius.

Raul on the other hand has never set the world alight in the World Cup, if he had done I'm sure he'd be spoken as a great, yet because a large percentage of football fans have never seen him in La Liga they will base him on their viewing the World Cup.

It's the same way with Ronaldo, people will think of him as the Brazilian striker who set the world alight France 1998 and Korea 2002, and not the player who consistently performed in La Liga.

I see your point, don't fully agree though. From what I saw of Real Madrid who I watched regularly because simply I loved watching Ronaldo, Zidane, I never thought he was that good. Nothing special, very good player but not nowhere near at any time the Worlds best.

Fair enough, I can understand why, I was just making it clear about the reputation bit :D

im sure you never see Sky Sports or BBC where they were wondering why Torres never started ahead of Villa and how superior Torres was to Villa

Or on this forum prior to the most recent World Cup.