Jez

I still cant believe that Stones is going to go for somewhere in the region of 35-40m...Good player, but that is just beyond mind boggling.

its the cost of Chelsea's current malaise and Jose's desperation
There must be more than 20 better players they could get for that kind of money

My brother's a taxi driver at Gatwick and someone's taken Pedro to the Chelsea training ground so that looks nailed on.

Now Breaking News on the BBC that Chelsea have agreed a deal with Barcelona for Pedro, doffs hat to sharkyvilla ITK.

Pedro: Cesc Fabregas and Victor Valdes convinced me to snub Man Utd and join Chelsea PEDRO changed his mind about joining Manchester United after speaking to Cesc Fabregas and Victor Valdes, according to reports.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/599348/Pedro-Cesc-Fabregas-Victor-Valdes-Man-Utd-Chelsea-transfer-gossip

from everton fan

He's 21 and very solid. He does not play like a 21 year old CB

I know Phil Jones looked good in his early days but Stones has been exceptionally consistent for us given the circumstances.

Throw in Inflation, Nationality, Age, 4 years left on his contract and serious lack of CB talent knocking about and £30m really is a pretty paltry offer.

4 years left on contract is pretty big reason why £30m. I dont think its that crazy. If stones is looking very good for everton whos a team who "cant defend because of martinez"...im sure he will look much better for chelsea
+
Be there cb for the next 10 years if it works out

Stones is very good for his age and will only get better. Worth the money.

How exactly do you know he will only get better?

How many defenders peak at the age of 21?

Edited by gharperr

United bidding for Sadio Mane . . . Obviously he'd be in for a whacking great pay rise, but when and where would he be played? United seem to have an entire squad's worth of midfielders. 

i think. not 100% sure....he played striker a few times. Also played wing, also played centrally. So im guess hes just going to be backup to manage and rotate with Rooney/Young in cups etc. Would think they would be loaning januzaj if they got him though so he can get a solid run of games for a lower prem team

Edited by gharperr

United bidding for Sadio Mane . . . Obviously he'd be in for a whacking great pay rise, but when and where would he be played? United seem to have an entire squad's worth of midfielders. 

We was apparently interested according to reports in Mane before he went to Southampton and was playing for Red Bull Salzburg..

Would have been a top signing... He would be good for United..

I know he destroyed us last season but he never stood out for me as a top 4/ Champions League club player

though I wouldnt say Pedro be much better for them, They are replacing Di Maria with players that arent as good as him 

I like Mane but yeah it's a massive spin to say he's anywhere near the level of a Pedro, he needs another good season at Southampton and then came move on to top 6 club, now I don't think he'd make any impact.

United need more upfront...at the moment it's Rooney who looks dead on his feet and 25 goals are expected of him this season, Hernandez who LVG was happy to send out on loan last year and James Wilson.

I thought the Pedro thing made sense as he'd play out wide in the 4-3-3 and also maybe cover down the middle when Rooney picked up injuries so imagine they'll go after a similar profile of player hence the Mane links.

So chelsea snatching up pedro apparently. Their squad transfer-policy is just strange to me. Why sell KDB + schurrle to buy salah to buy caudrado to buy pedro. Why sign that filipe luis to sell him a year later to replace with another expensive LB when ivanovic/terry is in decline.

If someone can explain this to me. Please do

All about keeping players away from their competitors, and working their way around FFP.  Buying the likes of De Bruyne and Lukaku, even for high prices, they were almost nailed on to make a lumpy profit.  Salah was about to sign for Liverpool, Pedro for United, there are likely other examples too.

They're clever, rich and spiteful.  Ladies and gentlemen - I give you, The Premier League!

So chelsea snatching up pedro apparently. Their squad transfer-policy is just strange to me. Why sell KDB + schurrle to buy salah to buy caudrado to buy pedro. Why sign that filipe luis to sell him a year later to replace with another expensive LB when ivanovic/terry is in decline.

If someone can explain this to me. Please do

Pedro for United,

I know football is all 99% about money but i dont think pedro would have gone united. Theres a big anti-LVG in spain it appears. A couple of players told pedro not to play under him apparently

Edited by gharperr