Jez

If he does want to leave, and he might after 10 years of winning everything and playing in one of the worlds most revered football sides in football history then the premier league would probably be his most realistic option

Seria A is a bit of a mess at the moment & isn't competitive at European level, France & PSG likewise, only leaves the premier league & Chelsea,, man city & man Utd could all afford him.

Can see him having a few seasons away from barcelona before returning at the end of he's career

I can only see him leaving if Barca get into real financial trouble.

That's not going to happened given the links between Barca and Qatar. Messi will stay until he retires or heads off to the MLS/China/wherever for one last payday. He might end his career in Qatar.

Edited by villa89

No one apart from PSG and maybe City (but then, FFP) could afford him.

Real's obviously a no go.

I reckon if City got a sniff they could offload a few players to create the FFP margin they need to be able to afford him. They could also probably manage the accounts so that it showed increased revenue with him in the team to help FFP.

I reckon if City got a sniff they could offload a few players to create the FFP margin they need to be able to afford him. They could also probably manage the accounts so that it showed increased revenue with him in the team to help FFP.

Or he could sign for NYCFC and then be loaned to Man city for nothing. Simple.

Makes me sad to see signings like Bony for City. A great white swoops...

As for Messi, Enrique will be sacked soon and he'll be happy again and the stories will disappear.

dunno maybe he needs a new challenge. 

The Lukaku benchmark in effect there

He was the highest league scorer over an entire calander year. He's worth about £30m regardless of how much Lukaku went for.