The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

sometimes in a game you will say an unfair red card has changed the game, this was not this case. a shocking assault

As a Hertha supporter, very happy with the result, but from a neutral perspective it can be annoying when a red card (albeit well deserved) turns the contest to one sides favour and somewhat kills the contest.

Interestingly I haven't heard much about Union this season from my usual football media sources, seemed to be a lot more about them last season when they came up for the first time. Thought the excellent start would be getting them a lot more press.

1 minute ago, Hornso said:

As a Hertha supporter, very happy with the result, but from a neutral perspective it can be annoying when a red card (albeit well deserved) turns the contest to one sides favour and somewhat kills the contest.

Interestingly I haven't heard much about Union this season from my usual football media sources, seemed to be a lot more about them last season when they came up for the first time. Thought the excellent start would be getting them a lot more press.

I think the charm of a new team has fallen off with the media especially with no fans, they signed a few big names this season as well like Kruse and Karius though the latter hasnt played yet. They are a bit in between at the moment regarding keeping the identity or trying to push on by spending more

• Like 1

Assistant coach Edin Terzić has been appointed till the end of the season. I wonder if they have a high level of faith in him or if it's an indicator that they were impulsive with the sacking of Favre and had no real plan.

I'm curious to see who they'll choose for the job failing Terzić staying on as a full-time manager. With the talent they've got, they'll want to be taking a step forwards rather than a step backwards. I can see Jesse March at Red Bull Salzburg being linked with the job, but I'm not sure who otherwise could be seen as a really enticing candidate (especially if they fail to qualify for the Champions League—although I imagine they will).

They have some of the best young talent in Europe at the one end of the pitch and then a ropey keeper and an experienced CB who phones it in at the other 

One thing they don't have is an established line up, with all that young talent they rotate a lot and change the formation to suit, played 3-4-2-1 yesterday, played 3-1-4-2 in the CL vs koln 2 weeks ago they played 4-2-3-1, in their last 5 league games only burki hummels and witsel have started all 5, can has played 3 different positions 

20 hours ago, Zatman said:

Schalke conceded an equaliser in the last minute vs 10 men. Best chance of a victory this season 

There's a club that's going to have to rebuild in the 2. Bundesliga rather than hanging on by a thread and consolidating like a Werder Bremen (who are still quite awful). I felt bad for David Wagner when he was sacked because he keeps getting saddled with these downward-trajectory teams when there's clearly little if anything he can do about it. And I think it's evident now that they're no better off without him. It's amazing to think they were playing Man City in the Champions League a couple of years ago.

15 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

There's a club that's going to have to rebuild in the 2. Bundesliga rather than hanging on by a thread and consolidating like a Werder Bremen (who are still quite awful). I felt bad for David Wagner when he was sacked because he keeps getting saddled with these downward-trajectory teams when there's clearly little if anything he can do about it. And I think it's evident now that they're no better off without him. It's amazing to think they were playing Man City in the Champions League a couple of years ago.

They were 6th when the Bundesliga resumed after the corona break

On 13/12/2020 at 11:04, villa4europe said:

They have some of the best young talent in Europe at the one end of the pitch and then a ropey keeper and an experienced CB who phones it in at the other 

One thing they don't have is an established line up, with all that young talent they rotate a lot and change the formation to suit, played 3-4-2-1 yesterday, played 3-1-4-2 in the CL vs koln 2 weeks ago they played 4-2-3-1, in their last 5 league games only burki hummels and witsel have started all 5, can has played 3 different positions 

I can see Jesse Marsch being a good match for them, as he'd be able to motivate and manage the younger players and add some passion and discipline. The defensive frailty has been an issue for years but they'll certainly benefit from having Dan-Axel Zagadou back in the equation, thereby making them the only dual-Axel team in Europe.

9 minutes ago, JamieZ said:

I can see Jesse Marsch being a good match for them, as he'd be able to motivate and manage the younger players and add some passion and discipline. The defensive frailty has been an issue for years but they'll certainly benefit from having Dan-Axel Zagadou back in the equation, thereby making them the only dual-Axel team in Europe.

Need to sign Tuanzebe next 😉

• Like 1

Good run for koln, beat dortmund, points away vs leipzig and wolfsburg and most importantly beat mainz away 

Just the blot of the 4-0 dicking by local rivals leverkusen (not sure what that rivalry is like, leverkusen to cologne is like West brom to Birmingham but dusseldorf to cologne is like Liverpool and Manchester, bigger rivalry than just football) 

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Good run for koln, beat dortmund, points away vs leipzig and wolfsburg and most importantly beat mainz away 

Just the blot of the 4-0 dicking by local rivals leverkusen (not sure what that rivalry is like, leverkusen to cologne is like West brom to Birmingham but dusseldorf to cologne is like Liverpool and Manchester, bigger rivalry than just football) 

I dont think they like each other for other reasons being Leverkusen have a small fanbase and not a traditional club but can poach Koln players like Wirtz. 

Koln big derby is Monchengladbach

Marcus Thuram fined 1 months wages by Mönchengladbach for spitting on Hoffenheim player Stefan Posch.

He'll also be facing a very long suspension from the Bundesliga.

Edit: Quickly checks to see if Mino Raiola is his agent and sure enough he is. Wonder if he's been asked to act out to get a move...

Edited by sne

Â