The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Its official, leaves June 30th. Man Citeh awaits unfortunately.

I think that's great news, he will be crap at Citeh. He only plays one way, I don't rate him personally

I hope he comes to manage in England as he is a good character although if he turns up at City he might prove hard to like.

That's my concern. I've got a bit of affection for Dortmund. Me and my mate chose the cheapest flight we could find last minute and ended in Dortmund the season they won the league for the first time under Klopp and I've watched pretty much every game since.

I disagree that he is a one trick pony. He might not be a master tactician but he certainly gets his players playing excellent football. There downfall this season has been mostly due to injuries and not finding a suitable replacement for Lewandowski.

Being in the bottom half is still pretty awful though IMO.

Can't disagree with that,  they've definitely been found out a bit more this season but they had 4 years of solid finishes and I think its probably difficult to sustain that, especially when Bayern are determined to destroy your squad in any way possible.

• Like 1

If he does go City they will need to really revamp that squad to fit his style. Completely; you'd imagine Aguero is safe no matter what manager comes in.

yep, in my head the only player capable of the high pressure game that Klopp used with dortmund is milner and he's likely to leave this summer, with the FFP and the number of players they need i dont think they can go and get a £40m hummels or reus, they need several well scouted £10m players instead, they basically need to have the transfer policy that klopp had when he 1st went to dortmund, hummels, gundogan, bender, lewandowski etc for <£10m

not sure city fans / owners / spanish bloke at the top will have that transfer policy

Dortmund also have a DOF, Michael Zorc, who he works very closely with on identifying the players to sign. Maybe Citeh are going for a complete reshuffle?

I find it funny reading the speculation about him.....

Man Citeh?

Arsenal?

Barcelona?

Real Madrid?

Spurs?  :blink:

How do they keep managing to sneak their name into a list of elite clubs?

Edited by sexbelowsound

I think Man CIty might end up with Ancelott. Can't see Klopp getting a job at one of 'big' clubs, by which I mean a team who are serious about winning their league and the Champions League.

I think Man CIty might end up with Ancelott. Can't see Klopp getting a job at one of 'big' clubs, by which I mean a team who are serious about winning their league and the Champions League.

cant see him getting a job at a team that are serious about winning the champions league? sounds like he'll fit right in at city

:trollface:

agree about ancelotti though, he'll be a quick fix and man city seem to be about the quick fix, maybe this is the start of the change, i also think that the timing of this announcement is very clever, before today id have said ancelotti is definitely going, probably a week after the season finishes, zidane will get the madrid job, ancelotti will get the city job, this is a proper cat amongst the pigeons

Â