The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

I'm going to Germany in March for a couple of days. Hoping to go a few matches.

Currently booked

Friday 13th March: Bayer Leverkussen v Stuggart

Sunday 15th March: Borussia Monchengladbach v Hannover

and hoping to go

Dortmund v cologne on the Saturday.

Just wondering has anybody been these grounds and is there any decent pubs? Also are the Dortmund tickets hard to get hold of ?

I'd suggest looking for tickets in the away end for the Stuttgart game if you've not already got them. Should be a few spare and would be surprised if they sell out. I was with the ultras in the away end at Koln the other week and it was **** brilliant. Can't tell you about the other cities, but Leverkusen is very close to Koln so maybe going there for a night out would be better than Leverkusen. Koln is very good, definitely worth a walk around if you have time.

Theo Selassie signs a new deal with Werder. Very good player and yet more positive news, as if there hasn't been enough recently. Schalke @ the Veltins will be a very tough test, though they're struggling for goals at the moment, especially without Huntelaar.

I'm going to Germany in March for a couple of days. Hoping to go a few matches.

Currently booked

Friday 13th March: Bayer Leverkussen v Stuggart

Sunday 15th March: Borussia Monchengladbach v Hannover

and hoping to go

Dortmund v cologne on the Saturday.

Just wondering has anybody been these grounds and is there any decent pubs? Also are the Dortmund tickets hard to get hold of ?

I've been to Gladbach. I didn't notice any pubs nearby, there's not alot around it to be honest! It's not too bad for drinks inside the ground though from what I remember. 

Where would people place the Bundesliga in comparison to La Liga. You obviously have Bayern who are a top side. I watched Schalke getting beat easily by Chelsea and Real Madrid last night, who were hardly at their best. Wolfsburg lost 2-0 at home to Everton in novemeber and they are the second best team. I know Dortmund continue to do well in the champions league. For me its

1. La Liga

2. Premier League

3. Bundesliga

To me the Bundesliga would probably even be behind Serie A, definitely behind La Liga and the Prem. Don't get me wrong, I love the league as it's so entertaining but in terms of average team quality it can't compete.

Edited by Nath182

The quality throughout the Bundesliga is pretty strong but it is let down by a distinct lack of genuinely 'top' teams. I'd disagree that it is weaker than Serie A though, the standard within that league is poor. It deservedly lost the fourth Champions League spot.

I think as an overall league in terms of talent and competitiveness the Bundesliga is the best while Bayern dominate the same teams dont always get Champions League and teams near the bottom can be anybody like this season

1. Bundesliga

2. La Liga

3. Premier League 

4. Serie A

the "quality" of the football in the prem is piss poor IMO especially if you consider the money being spent on the squads, but thats what makes it more "entertaining" and a better "product"

when people argue that the prem is great because stoke can beat man city but in la liga a mid table team will never beat barca or madrid (which isnt true anyway) dont they ever stop to think that its because barca and madrid are just much better teams? its nothing to do with stoke, with the money the likes of man city, man utd, chelsea, arsenal spend they should be thrashing everyone apart from each other every week, the reason they arent isnt because of high standards here, its because despite all the money the standards of those teams is still low

fair play to sky for managing to spin the lack of quality here in to the monster that is the premier league, we actually celebrate that our best teams still arent very good

Theres a distinct difference between the teams at the bottom of la liga to the teams at the bottom of the Premier League though. You look at the ground capacities, and the average crowds. Huge difference. eibar 4,600 avg,  

The Bundelisga, is a great league but I still think the exception of Bayern, the top teams don't match up to the top teams in our league. Wolfsburg being a prime example. Look at De Bruyne, he couldn't get into the Chelsea side but he's a superstar for Wolfsburg. Poor English side like Everton beat them at their own ground as well. 

I think the quality of the Premier League is summed up in the fact we havent been relegated since 2011

Crikey, I must have missed that

(emoticon)

I think he means given our shocking form since 2011. For us to have been this bad, this season, and only last week dropped into the relegation zone says a lot for the utter dross below us.

• Like 1

Â