The Bundesliga Thread

Troglodyte

Dislocated? I imagine everything contained within the knee joint will be destroyed in process, ligaments and stuff and that it's career over. It's not nice.

Spare a quick thought for the bloke he kicked in the bollocks too.

• Like 1

Stuttgart finding inventive ways not to win again.

Last week they coughed up a two goal lead to Freiburg to draw and on Saturday they lost 3-2 despite leading 2-1 with 10 to go. Got Mainz next and then the last two games are Hamburg (!!!) at home and then Paderborn (!!!!!!!!!!!!!) away. At least it's in our own hands

Christ on a bike that's bad.

Dislocated? I imagine everything contained within the knee joint will be destroyed in process, ligaments and stuff and that it's career over. It's not nice.

Spare a quick thought for the bloke he kicked in the bollocks too.

I'd be surprised if all 4 ligaments weren't torn in that. Maybe one left.

Friend of mine had a similar injury, although not that bad, and he tore three of them (and dislocated his knee, and broke two bones in his leg)

But yeah, considering his age too, that's it I'd imagine for his career.

Soto was out of contract in the summer and was due to be released but Mainz offered him a new one-year-deal so he can recuperate at the club. Nice touch, that.

• Like 1

i didnt watch it as I dont think its a nice thing to see happen to a player. Was it as bad as Bouma? that was one of nastiest ive seen from a nothing incident

Way way WAY WAY WAY worse than Bouma's.

Bouma's looked nasty, but knee injuries are on another level to a dislocated ankle. Bouma's isn't even the worst dislocated ankle I've seen in English football (Alan Smith)

Soto was out of contract in the summer and was due to be released but Mainz offered him a new one-year-deal so he can recuperate at the club. Nice touch, that.

We did that with Bouma aswell didn't we? He was a bit younger than Soto at the time so the hope was Freddie would actually come back and play for us but sadly it never happened despite him seemingly being fit for most of 09/10.

I still don't understand why we didn't bring him on for a few months in MON's last match against Blackburn in 2010. I'd have remember him a bit more fondly if he gave Bouma one last run out.

Â