Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

3 hours ago, stewiek2 said:

Looking like we definitely declared far too early.

And this, gentlemen, I why I don't gamble on sport (or anything else to be honest).

Now, back to laughing at grown men fawning over an ex-player, in another thread 😹

Edited by rjw63
Meant to quote myself, not someone else

27 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

And this, gentlemen, I why I don't gamble on sport (or anything else to be honest).

Now, back to laughing at grown men fawning over an ex-player, in another thread 😹

I';m sure you don't get pissed off in any Villa games when it looks like the manager got the tactics wrong either, you pedantic git!

If you see my subsequent post I actually applauded Stokes and MacCullem for sticking to their convictions.

Edited by stewiek2

1 hour ago, stewiek2 said:

I';m sure you don't get pissed off in any Villa games when it looks like the manager got the tactics wrong either, you pedantic git!

If you see my subsequent post I actually applauded Stokes and MacCullem for sticking to their convictions.

And if you'd read my reason for editing, I actually meant to quote myself as my comment was similar to yours. 

You myopic gonad

spacer.png

Well, here's the flip side. Batting like ****. Fast accumulation but it's only the first **** session and already 5 down. Just so many senseless stupid shots and we've given the abrar debutant life a 5er. 

Like, you're allowed to engage your goddamn **** brain alongside being positive. We'll be in the field for a good couple of days

280 all out well before tea on day 1. I suspect our bowlers and fielders are in for a long haul out there now. But I guess we'll have to see. My suspicion is Pakistan will be c. 120/1 or something and in a massively comfortable position. The pitch is doing more but it is not an all out by tea on the first day pitch ffs. 

23 hours ago, Rodders said:

280 all out well before tea on day 1. I suspect our bowlers and fielders are in for a long haul out there now. But I guess we'll have to see. My suspicion is Pakistan will be c. 120/1 or something and in a massively comfortable position. The pitch is doing more but it is not an all out by tea on the first day pitch ffs. 

wrong-you-were-wrong.gif

• Like 1

This Swashbuckling style of England isn't something completely original to test cricket. The great West Indies sides were very much known for there attacking style of cricket, I mean, I lost count how many times Greenidge and Haynes surpassed England's total without losing their wickets. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rodders said:

what a tight finish. england win by 26 runs. Fair enough! Credit to Pakistan for taking it that close

Yep, from my perch in a beach bar, with no sound and the sun reflecting off the sea reflecting off the screen it wasn't a perfect view, but what a great game, again.

IMG_20221212_165114_HDR.jpg

• Like 2

leaves out England's best wicket keeper so he can accommodate Woods 

Woods takes 4 wickets in the second Innings , 6 in the match

He's either pulling a Homer every game , or a bloody brilliant captain 

11 hours ago, blandy said:

Yep, from my perch in a beach bar, with no sound and the sun reflecting off the sea reflecting off the screen it wasn't a perfect view, but what a great game, again.

IMG_20221212_165114_HDR.jpg

hows-bragging-camp-zach-galifianakis.gif

• Haha 3

English test cricket is just unbelievably good right now, hopefully this sparks a revolution in the game.

Attendances and interest have been struggling in the Windies and Australia in particular lately whilst New Zealand have always struggled for large crowds but if England can maintain this approach and if the other nations begin to follow suit it may bring about a revival in those places.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Mental game in the BBL just now. Sydney Thunder all out for 15 chasing 140.

I watched that on tv. Most of em out behind, nicked off rather than wild yahoos. Whole innings done in about 5 overs. Incredible.

• Like 2

Â