Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

sadly, he's been poor so far, barely making a west indian play any shot so far. Early days, but can't afford to waste the new ball here. Needs to be on it properly. I'd get Mahmoud on quick if he has another duff over

Well, he got better 

They've gone from 95-6 to 270-9. 

Their tail have now faced 55 overs and scored 175 runs.

We were 67-7 and finished 204.

There's something really strange about the pitch, the ball, the way things change during the day and over the course of the test - it's just not normal this.

That's fantastic, finally out after scoring his hundred - he reviewed it as the players were walking off, more in hope than anything, he'd accepted he was out - all the players off the field, Da Silva in the crowd getting slaps on the back - decision reviewed, no bat on it - not out!

Everyone back to the middle then lads! 🤣

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

2,3,4 and 5 have scored 17 between them in this innings - and in the last innings.

Absolute garbage that.

Just a bunch of unfunny spacer.png

43 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

2,3,4 and 5 have scored 17 between them in this innings - and in the last innings.

Absolute garbage that.

I saw another stat that the first innings was the first time since 1951 that numbers 2 to 7 scored single figures and they could potentially do it twice in the same match :lol:

Well they've managed to avoid it thankfully

Edited by sharkyvilla

The England opener reminds me of a Monty Python sketch I saw a few nights back, where the England batsmen had been in for three days and were 0 for 0.

Turns out one of the batsmen was dead.

Hopefully we can make them bat again. 5 runs with 4 wickets remaining is a tall order but with a little luck and a fair wind we might just make it. 

Lee's looks well in, so he'll want one to slip just as he's about to hit 50.

Woakes has just got to stay at the crease and support, then stay sensible with the tail, as he now knows he can trust them.

Â