Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

tenor.gif

I am looking at this gif genuinely wondering if the bloke in it is my brother. 

He's the absolute spitting image and that is exactly the sort of face he would pull. It's just uncanny. 

5 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I am looking at this gif genuinely wondering if the bloke in it is my brother. 

He's the absolute spitting image and that is exactly the sort of face he would pull. It's just uncanny. 

Can he bat?

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can he bat?

He can drum, so he's used to handling sticks made of wood which is about as much qualification as our batsmen have from what I can see. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/04/2022 at 18:44, sidcow said:

Oops.  Warwickshires title defence not off to the best start. Currently 16 for 2 in response to Surrey 428 for 8 declared. 

OK Warwickshire now on 527😁 silly pitch, neither side will get a second innings at this rate. 

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

OK Warwickshire now on 527😁 silly pitch, neither side will get a second innings at this rate. 

Oliver Hannon Dalby had 66 dot balls before getting his first (of 11) runs :lol:  

Over 2 hours at the crease :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, chappy said:

Heard James Vince being touted as England captain… good captain but we surely can’t have the skipper nicking off for a glorious 13 every innings!

I thought it was nailed on that Buttler would take over if Root went ? 

1 minute ago, tonyh29 said:

I thought it was nailed on that Buttler would take over if Root went ? 

He’s out of the side, can’t see him coming back in either. Think he’ll take over white ball captaincy from Morgan after this year’s t20 World Cup.

Right decision Joe. Not just for the team, but for himself. He’s an admirable person and a brilliant batsman and he did his best as captain in difficult circumstances, with all the covid bubbles and relentless schedules. But he was also getting quite a lot wrong.

Not sure who will be the next to get the role. Stuart Broad as a long shot?

• Like 2

A surprise and not a surprise I guess - as above, it's the right thing both for the team and for Joe Root.

England may have just made an improvement to our batting.

I can't see anyone who leaps out as the obvious candidate, it's already a pretty unsettled side - it's going to be a tough job.

• Like 1

Had to happen, he’s not a good captain despite being easily England’s best batsman.

I think he’s had some shit cards dealt him though with the resources he’s had available to him at various times throughout his captaincy.

Talk of Stokes being the obvious choice - I don’t get how you can rely on someone who recently had to take a year out of the game to be your leader and talisman, no thanks. So if not Stokes, who? There are no real options, what a shitshow.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I don’t get how you can rely on someone who recently had to take a year out of the game to be your leader and talisman, no thanks. So if not Stokes, who? There are no real options, what a shitshow.

Agreed. There’s not many players nailed on to be in the XI. There’s no clear spinner, the pace bowlers are pretty interchangeable and often injury hit. Batsmen are all struggling or inconsistent and the allrounders and keeper have a lot to do already.

Broad, Foakes, Stokes are probably the 3 most likely, but like you say Ben Stokes needs looking after, not having even more piled on him.

• Like 1

Â