Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

The pitch m

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

10 wickets, 2 and a very small 2nd innings 1394 runs

They could still be playing in January :mrgreen:

Not to mention not one wicket taken by pace I believe. And of two that did faill they were to batters having a bowl presumably just for a bit of fun. Ludicrous pitch :D 

• Haha 1

What a win. Spent today watching it on the Edgbaston app on my phone. It’s amazing how they’ve won the county championship despite having so many bowlers injured this season. After we lost to Hants I thought they’d end up winning the title, so some turnaround beating Yorks and Somerset to snatch it

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Thank god England released Woakes to play.

Was a talking point earlier that Woakes had been released when Anderson and Buttler hadn't... The obvious answer is that Woakes needs overs in him.

Not sure why people dont like Lancashire though? Are they basically a cricketing version of Spurs in that their fans think they should be winning everything and the media love them??

One could argue (quite rightly IMO) that winning the County Championship is the pinnacle of the cricket season. So has anyone noticed how little coverage this has received in the MSM ? Sky is obsessed with Ryder Cup and didn't hear anything on BBC - maybe a brief mention. If this had been Surrey or Essex it would have been all over the sports news. (was going to say Lancashire as well :)) 

3 hours ago, veloman said:

One could argue (quite rightly IMO) that winning the County Championship is the pinnacle of the cricket season. So has anyone noticed how little coverage this has received in the MSM ? Sky is obsessed with Ryder Cup and didn't hear anything on BBC - maybe a brief mention. If this had been Surrey or Essex it would have been all over the sports news. (was going to say Lancashire as well :)) 

I could get some radio coverage on BBC via Alexa in the morning but when The Ryder cup started they switched to that on 2 different national BBC stations and only provided updates on BBC Coventry and Warwickshire which wasn't even available via Alexa.  Not even WM covered it. 

• Thanks 1

Lawks a Lordy, Lancs are currently  16-6 in the Bob Willis Trophy.

We're not even cheating by having Woakes in the side.  Apparently 25 is their lowest ever score in first class cricket. Lowest is 70 v Warwickshire so this could be a record on the cards.

Don't want to tempt fate but Brum has really given Manchester a right old kicking in the last 7 days:crylaugh: 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Milfner said:

In the lead without losing a wicket. Half decent first day!

I know they said bowling first is a huge advantage, but the difference is so enormous it can't be as simple as that. 

19 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Just the 386 run lead. Starting to think that we might have an outside chance of winning this!

The weather forecast is pretty terrible for the next 3 days. 

They will win if the game is drawn Warwickshire win due to their higher first innings score, but nevertheless I'm suprised they didn't declare and try to get a few wickets tonight.  It's surely more satisfying to beat them outright than by default. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Xela said:

What is this game? I thought the bears had already won the championship?

1st v second in the County Championship for a pointless game.  Assume someone's wallet is being lined somehow. 

Last year it was for the winner (highest points total) of different groups but with the new format it's just the top 2 in division 1. 

Â