Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

50 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Surprised at how early Warwicks have declared.  They give themselves the best chance of a win but also risk losing which I think means they miss out on second place as well.   Thought they would knock off another 20 or 30 to be honest.

Nothing to be gained from a draw, dangled a very sporting carrot, even if Somerset score slowly there will always be that target in the back of their minds which might encourage some looser shots.

Big to get a wicket before lunch though. 

Prediction: Bears to get there with about half.an hour to go

21 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Can't be getting to 5:30pm and wishing you'd had five more overs to get the last wicket. Good start from us, this is the session that'll decide it!

But equally don't want to get to 5.30 and find you've lost out on second place and the Bob Willis trophy final.

Edited by sidcow

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

Surprised at how early Warwicks have declared.  They give themselves the best chance of a win but also risk losing which I think means they miss out on second place as well.   Thought they would knock off another 20 or 30 to be honest.

Ooh Matron Kenneth Williams GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rodders said:

Nothing to be gained from a draw, dangled a very sporting carrot, even if Somerset score slowly there will always be that target in the back of their minds which might encourage some looser shots.

Big to get a wicket before lunch though. 

Prediction: Bears to get there with about half.an hour to go

close enough for me :D 

well done bears.  glammy cruelly denied a stunning victory by an unambitious early draw agreement. 

Â