Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 minute ago, theunderstudy said:

Just another poor shot at a telegraphed short ball. Sigh.

It was a good short ball, but it basically hit the bat handle at shoulder height

Just get the bat and hands out the way, didnt need to try and play it

Well at least you can say three of the four wickets were absolute beauties instead of the trash in the first innings. 

I hope we never play Australia at Lord’s ever again. 

We neglect red ball cricket in this country for ECB vanity projects like the Hundred, that no other country is interested in. 

• Like 1

Just now, andym said:

It was a good short ball, but it basically hit the bat handle at shoulder height

Just get the bat and hands out the way, didnt need to try and play it

I will have to watch it again but thought it  was just back of a length and had to play it.

3 minutes ago, Milfner said:

Well at least you can say three of the four wickets were absolute beauties instead of the trash in the first innings. 

I hope we never play Australia at Lord’s ever again. 

Sadly it's the one venue that gets a test no matter what

• Like 1

Maybe if English Cricket wasn't so institutionally biased in pretty much every avenue there is to be biased, we might unearth some better players.  With a population of more than twice theirs there is just no excuse to be perpetually dominated by them with the occasional reverse here and there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I will have to watch it again but thought it  was just back of a length and had to play it.

Maybe, its just being Root im so used to him just getting out the way - he's one of the greatest test batters and knows how to stick it out

• Like 1

Must be multiple changes for Headingly, firstly Foakes has to come in.

I'd go as far to say Anderson is finished and Robinson isn't offering much at all bowling 78/9 mph. We also need to play a spinner, even if it is Ahmed with his lack of first class experience. Please no more Moeen, he was past his best 3 years ago and has a horrific record against the Aussies.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Maybe if English Cricket wasn't so institutionally biased in pretty much every avenue there is to be biased, we might unearth some better players.  With a population of more than twice theirs there is just no excuse to be perpetually dominated by them with the occasional reverse here and there. 

To be fair they haven't beaten us over here in 21 years whereas we've won over there since then.  While the population is a lot smaller, cricket is played a bigger variety of class of people as well.

• Like 2

Â