Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 minute ago, av1 said:

There is reason many brilliant one day cricketers never make it in test cricket. 

Different sports. 

What this England side actually reminds me of is when a side like West Indies or Sri Lanka used to come for a 3 match Test series and have a bunch of star ODI / T20 players who couldn’t really be arsed to play Test cricket anymore. It’s not aggressive, it’s just a lack of interest in the fundamentals

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Can Tongue bat? Guess we’re about to find out

We'll never find out. 

He will I am sure however be able to swipe his bat around like a demented maniac trying to hit every ball from am world class bowling attack for 6 though. I could do that and i'd probably get out just as quick too. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, theunderstudy said:

I'd like to see some direct questioning of Stokes in the media about his team and their reckless approach and why they haven't tackled this like they did India, South Africa and New Zealand, all of whom have good attacks that were played aggressively but not stupidly 

Agree, they should but they won't

the MSM seem to be in love with Bazball even when it's not working

If our bowlers don't go out there and rip through the batsmen they can't go and blame the conditions 

It will all be down to very bad tactics. 

Aggressiveness and recklessness don't have to be hand in hand. 

• Like 1

The fact is we're likely to find ourselves 2 nil down in am serious where we should probably be 2 nil up if only for some flexibility on Bazball to reflect thr conditions. 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Aggressiveness and recklessness don't have to be hand in hand. 

Steve Smith is a perfect example of that. 

We have our own version of Smith with Root, who could have quite easily hit a ton on a flat track like yesterday, so why oh why ask a player like that to throw hit bat at everything?

Saw a good comment on another platform:

Bazball or no Bazball, any team that sticks rigidly to the same approach whether it’s working or not will soon be found out. Good coaching and captaincy should be able to adapt according to the situation. Poor from England this match.

I agree with that. 

Edited by av1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Everything you would have dreaded this morning. 

Bazball is all well and good against an inferior opponent but try it against someone as good as or better than your and they'll put you to the sword. 

Its like watching Kevin Keegan's Newcastle

Â