Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

1 hour ago, av1 said:

Saw a good comment on another platform:

Bazball or no Bazball, any team that sticks rigidly to the same approach whether it’s working or not will soon be found out. Good coaching and captaincy should be able to adapt according to the situation. Poor from England this match.

I agree with that. 

Which is EXACTLY what happened. Australia noticed the pitch has hardened up a bit so just started throwing in a load of bouncers KNOWING that England would stupidly swipe at them because that's the rigid plan that can't be deviated from. 

It's like Russia constantly stocking up the same ammo dumps that Ukraine keep blowing up. 

Caught sight of Jeetan Patel with the England management. What a player he was for Warks - wish they had him playing now. England showed great forsight (IMO) for recruiting HIM . They could do worse than roll him out to play 😀

3 minutes ago, veloman said:

Caught sight of Jeetan Patel with the England management. What a player he was for Warks - wish they had him playing now. England showed great forsight (IMO) for recruiting HIM . They could do worse than roll him out to play 😀

Yes not too many members were too excited when we got him after his first spell for us. But what a great signing he was.

• Like 1

Just now, The Fun Factory said:

Anderson looking a bit grumpy today.

I'd say looking average in both games so far

old father time has caught up, time to go out on a high gracefully (not withstanding loses this ashes series)

• Like 1

Just now, imavillan said:

I'd say looking average in both games so far

old father time has caught up, time to go out on a high gracefully (not withstanding loses this ashes series)

Can't be picked for the third test can he. Lost a bit of zip and not swinging it.

• Like 1

Besides us pissing away the Ashes, this is a disaster for Test cricket as a format. All the life that Bazball had supposedly breathed back into Test cricket has turned out to be a load of bollocks, and the Aussies have found a tactic against us that is pretty boring.

If rest of series is just Aussies bouncing us and Khawaja noodling around for 150 while the ball turns into a sponge, then not sure what the **** point is anymore.

Yes this is a classic VT overreaction, I realise that. Just a bit depressed watching this shite. I kept my work calendar clear for this!

I don't think it makes much difference. Cricket is a niche sport nowadays and the first test was an exciting start to the ashes. The aussies were probably favourites to win, and they will probably win it. Outside of the ashes test cricket future is a deep trouble though.

That declaration in the first innings could be the decider in this Ashes. England win the first test because of those aggressive tactics and it rocks Australia, and they may change the way they play. As it is, Australia won, England are now nervous and Australia keep playing their game. At the moment it’s hard to see us winning a test now. 

Â