Cricket: General Chat

Milfner

We've just got to chill out now.  Take singles (if Stokes can.. seems he's hurt) when you can, punish bad balls and just play conservative, like a proper 1 day game.

Jonathan Trott batting from here please guys. 

One wicket from uncertainty. 

I mean that is a stunning innings from Bairstow. If they rein it in and knock these off we win. Stokes hobbling around

3 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

We've just got to chill out now.  Take singles (if Stokes can.. seems he's hurt) when you can, punish bad balls and just play conservative, like a proper 1 day game.

Jonathan Trott batting from here please guys. 

One wicket from uncertainty. 

that sounds very sensible, but they're going to clearing in the woods their way to victory I suspect

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Bairstow looking for fastest England ton ever

Gilbert who's record he was after was born in 1874. A good year. 

Just now, Rodders said:

that sounds very sensible, but they're going to clearing in the woods their way to victory I suspect

The risk is if Bairstow goes, we've got an immobile Stokes and a Foakes who could easily get zip, then the tail.  

60 runs is still 60 runs! 

8 minutes ago, Rodders said:

For all that's been said about the pitch, 34 wickets have fallen( albeit often batsman error) too.  This isn't some souless road. Though obviously a batting friendly one. 

And what, 10 dropped catches at least? 

It’s been more a triumph of batting skill than a dead pitch

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

The risk is if Bairstow goes, we've got an immobile Stokes and a Foakes who could easily get zip, then the tail.  

60 runs is still 60 runs! 

Oh I completely get the point, just I don't see their approach changing until a wicket comes. But by this point, if it does, the run rate is low enough the pressure is off the incoming batter to make an immediate impression

• Like 1

Â