Android: General Chat

NICKTHEFISH

I wipe every few weeks anyway. Keeps everything fresh :)

I wipe every day, a few weeks is too long a wait for me.

You only go once a day? I wipe even after a number 1, hygiene and all that.

But yeah can somebody direct me as to how I can change the Chrome tab setting? Cheers

I'm quite happy with it. It's replacing my N7(2012) on my commute and I've not commuted much since I got it.

The screen is good, the sound is good (not important on the train), the shell feels really nice - you'd only need a case if it was for a kid. I haven't noticed the battery life so I suspect it's more than adequate.

I think it is. The larger screen size (but not 4:3) is exactly what I wanted. It's not a huge step up processor wise and it's not running lollipop. Personally I'd rather have the brand new device with a SOGA warranty at £109 then the cheaper refurb. I can see that others might see it differently.

The Moto G is the clear winner in that price range. 

Check out some reviews, but it's the phone to get for anyone who isn't an enthusiast that will insist on a flagship. Doesn't have the best screen, or camera, or the fastest processor, but it's good enough in every category, and for that price it's unbeatable value. 

Edit: Make sure you don't get the first gen version, it's still about on Amazon, you either want the 2nd gen one for £145, or the 4G version for about £20 more if you will have a data plan that includes 4G.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 2

Any suggestions for a £150 -£200 phone?

I've been looking at the Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini and the HTC 610, but I've no idea if they are worth it or if there are any better options.

You can get the S4 mini for £129 from three (inc £10 top up although phone should be unlocked) or £125 from Vodafone.

Almost recommended to the MIL for the FIL for Xmas but in the end opted for the moto G for £125 from Tesco.

Battery life was a concern on the Samsung.

Edited by Genie

The Moto G is the clear winner in that price range. 

Check out some reviews, but it's the phone to get for anyone who isn't an enthusiast that will insist on a flagship. Doesn't have the best screen, or camera, or the fastest processor, but it's good enough in every category, and for that price it's unbeatable value. 

Edit: Make sure you don't get the first gen version, it's still about on Amazon, you either want the 2nd gen one for £145, or the 4G version for about £20 more if you will have a data plan that includes 4G.

Would a Nexus 5 not be the better bet for a good quality 2nd hand or something?

I just remember the Moto G being very slow.

Â