1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

:lol:

good point.

Is there any reason why "gate" is now put after various scandals?

Did it all stem from Watergate and the Nixon stuff?

Were there no "gate" scandals before that? :?

TBH I put the Bigotgate word in as a kind of ironic gestire, as i was surprised nobody had written it before ....

why are these things always gates? :winkold: :lol:

Yeah it comes from the Watergate/Nixon thing, Watergate was the name of the hotel. Shame it wasn't a Travelodge, I think BigotLodge has a nice ring to it. :lol:

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good point.

TBH I put the Bigotgate word in as a kind of ironic gestire, as i was surprised nobody had written it before ....

Yeah it comes from the Watergate/Nixon thing, Watergate was the name of the hotel. Shame it wasn't a Travelodge, I think BigotLodge has a nice ring to it. :lol:

BigotExpress

BigotInn

BigotIbis

good point.

BigotExpress

BigotInn

BigotIbis

and how come the "Water" part was dropped, and not the "gate" part.

WaterBigot has a nice ring to it. :P :winkold:

good point.

BigotExpress

BigotInn

BigotIbis

I made exactly that point in the "things that piss you off" thread!

good point.

BigotExpress

BigotInn

BigotIbis

sounds like a type of cousin to the beaver.

Attenborough: "here we have the very timid WaterBigot, native to the marsh lands here in southern Argentina, it spends most of it's time searching for vegetation such as leaves and berries and maintaining their set which generally is built up on the banks of the marshland".

And now we have the sight of the Labour party pulling itself apart as front runners scarmble for the leadership after May 6th.

As it is now accepted that the woman's comments were not actually bigotted, does that mean the original line of support for Gordon , ie "well she is a bigot" is a load of rubbish afterall as many suspected at the time?

So, yeah, I'm against people milking the benefit system. Show me someone who works all week, pays taxes, that would genuinely support anyone doing that, and I'll change my opinion on the matter.

And it appears that this is much more important to you and other people on the right than, say, people milking the tax system.

It also allows you to suggest (by concentrating on one story) that this (people milking the benefit system) is the norm.

So, yes, read what was actually said before spouting your condescending tripe.

I did though I, fortunately, instantly forgot some of it but I did remember this:

I know this is only one example, online, but you can be rest assured that this happens across the UK. Maybe not in every case, but in a lot of cases.

A very clear attempt at tarring everyone in that situation.

I posted an article on the previous page relating to a Parliamentary party report on the benefits of immigration, which appear to be little the report concludes.

There are hidden benefits - food, culture etc.

Not everything has to be measured in "what my pocket can make out of it".

Yes, I think there is a Discworld novel where Terry Pratchett says that one of the gretest curses in the Discworld is "May you live in interesting times".

It doesn't bode well indeed.

It's a Mandarin curse that he's nicked. Also used by sexy Morena Baccarin in "Firefly".

surely bumbling labour wont go for johnson as next leader? he is more umpopular than brown. i think its odds on the foreign secretary will be next leader davidi miliburn.
If milliband gets elected leader, expect a foot-style thrashing next time around.

Reality and Snowy - Maybe time to leave the housing thing alone, Gentlemen. Or alternatively carry it on via pm.

Please, all posters, re-acquaint yourselves with the posting guidelines and particularly this part Agree to Disagree: - Obviously discussions can lead to disagreements. However, it gets boring if the argument spans over several pages and repeats over the same points.

surely bumbling labour wont go for johnson as next leader? he is more umpopular than brown. i think its odds on the foreign secretary will be next leader davidi miliburn.
If milliband gets elected leader, expect a foot-style thrashing next time around.
Same if it is Balls I think. Or Harman.

The only real possibility is a coronation of Johnson

what makes you sya that he doenst seem that unpopular?

miliband-banana.jpg

A figure of fun

is all you need

to throw the game away

A figure of fun

Is all we'll see

if milli gets his way.

He stabbed Gord in the back

Shame he didn't get the sack

A figure of fun

is all you need

the vote, to tories, sway

Yes, I think there is a Discworld novel where Terry Pratchett says that one of the gretest curses in the Discworld is "May you live in interesting times".

It doesn't bode well indeed.

It's a Mandarin curse that he's nicked. Also used by sexy Morena Baccarin in "Firefly".

Pratchett uses it in his book 'Interesting Times', which essentially parodies 'Oriental' stereotypes and the like, amongst other things, so it does kinda make sense.

And it is indeed applicable here... regardless of what happens, the rest of the year post election is going to be very interesting indeed. But most likely not in a good way.