1. 1. Which party gets your X

• Labour
    • Conservative (and UUP alliance)
    • Liberal Democrat
    • Green
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • UKIP
    • Jury Team (Coallition of Independents)
    • BNP
    • Spoil Ballot
    • Not voting

• Replies 928
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is shocking, someone using a policy situation to "beat a political drum".

Of course it isn't shocking, it is to be expected from apparatchiks.

Tell me this though, who do I devote my unquestionable political loyalty to, if you are so certain about me being a devoted, loyal, political trooper. :)

Last time I checked there were no right-wing Nationalist parties in Northern Ireland. I belong to no party. ;)

Tell me this though, who do I devote my unquestionable political loyalty to, if you are so certain about me being a devoted, loyal, political trooper. :)

Whom do you devote your loyalty to?

Last time I checked there were no right-wing Nationalist parties in Northern Ireland. I belong to no party. ;)

I've had a good old look and I can't see that anyone has accused you of being 'right wing' or 'nationalist'. Should you wish to associate yourself with either or both then that's fine as far as I can see. Just for the sake of argument and talking about 'facts' lets not start talking more bollocks, eh?

If you aren't 'beating a political drum' then, surely, you can't regard yourself (either correctly or incorrectly) as an apparatchik.

p.s. if you aren't then you've made a very passable immitation of one. Your posts have been pretty much a continuous Tory PEB. And yes, the Tories have very clear associations with NI, so don't come that kind of disingenuous shite.

Yes, a Catholic from Northern Ireland is going to support the Ulster Unionist and Consevative Party alliance. :lol: :lol:

our posts have been pretty much a continuous Tory PEB. And yes, the Tories have very clear associations with NI

Yep, of course they do, with a Unionist party. I quite clearly identified myself as a right-wing, Nationalist. Are you aware of the difference between the two?

Also, carrot stuck up your arse or something, pal?

Yes, a Catholic from Northern Ireland is going to support the Ulster Unionist and Consevative Party alliance. :lol: :lol:

Did I say that?

What I said is that you have made a very passable immitation of a party apparatchik even if you aren't one.

I hadn't mentioned 'nationalist' or 'right wing' until you mentioned it - I was debating your position about council accommodation - something which you obviously don't actually want to get in to because you've lurched in to some kind of tribal debate as soon as you've been challenged on your 'policy situation'.

Fine, I got your apparatchik position wrong. No problem. Profuse apoklogies, I should have called you a right wing apologist instead.

It doesn't really alter where you are coming from or the biased position that you were taking with regard to the 'reports' you posted links to.

I may have got the details wrong (*in fact it's quite clear I got them wrong); I didn't, however, get you wrong, did I? You are right wing - you weren't looking for a solution to social housing, you were looking to build a coffin for it and nail it shut. Don't give us the shit that what you were posting was anything other than a diatribe.

Edit: BTW, it will be a shame that you will probably take my mistake in labelling you a Tory (because your seemingly idological attack upon social housing appeared to ape a Tory perspective on it) as some kind of vindication of the position you hold. Whether you are a Tory, an Irish Nationalist or an Algerian existentialist, I find your daft appraisal of the housing situation in the UK to be not conducive to furthering the debate about housing issues that really trouble those in need.

you weren't looking for a solution to social housing, you were looking to build a coffin for it and nail it shut. Don't give us the shit that what you were posting was anything other than a diatribe.

You should go back and carefully read what was said. I said the following:

I have no problem with people getting houses when they genuinely need them.

Followed by this:

That is what I am talking about. People lying to get free houses. They know fine rightly if their parents don't want them there then the housing executive deems to be "homeless" and a priority, but she clearly isn't a priority. Absolutely ridiculous.

So, yeah, I'm against people milking the benefit system. Show me someone who works all week, pays taxes, that would genuinely support anyone doing that, and I'll change my opinion on the matter.

I don't understand where you got the whole I want to kill off social housing and put it in a coffin bullshit.

So, yes, read what was actually said before spouting your condescending tripe.

UKIP guy on BBC stating that they would cut NHS monies by 1/3 and get rid of 2 million public sector jobs! - wont bother talking about his shite on immigration, but at least we see the real right agenda shining through from them

The thing that got to me about BigotGate was not so much the throwaway comments off air by Brown in the back of the car.

Yes, it was a gaffe. Yes, amny people will let off steam after confornting someone with whom they disagree. Yes, the lady had some "ill informed/ignorant" views on immigaration.

What really got my goat was Brown reemerging from a 45 minute chat with the lady with a huge grin, possibly some sort of crazy smirk, on his face.

He should have looked chastened and apologetic. he was griining from ear to ear like the fookin Cheshire Cat. He'd just insulted, and lost, a Labout voter, and made a massive electoral gaffe.

And yet here he was, standing outside her front door, grinning like he'd won the lottery or something.

The man is so media unfriendly it's untrue. He also seems to hold a very dim view of people that disagree with him.

The thing that got to me about BigotGate was not so much the throwaway comments off air by Brown in the back of the car.

Yes, it was a gaffe. Yes, amny people will let off steam after confornting someone with whom they disagree. Yes, the lady had some "ill informed/ignorant" views on immigaration.

What really got my goat was Brown reemerging from a 45 minute chat with the lady with a huge grin, possibly some sort of crazy smirk, on his face.

He should have looked chastened and apologetic. he was griining from ear to ear like the fookin Cheshire Cat. He'd just insulted, and lost, a Labout voter, and made a massive electoral gaffe.

And yet here he was, standing outside her front door, grinning like he'd won the lottery or something.

The man is so media unfriendly it's untrue. He also seems to hold a very dim view of people that disagree with him.

Perhaps not unusually I totally agree with you Jon, I do feel though a degree of seperation is perhaps required in our views of late so I feel the need to pick you up on the use of the term, and I shudder as I write this "Bigotgate".

The use of the term "gate" on the end of any story of this kind simply makes my piss boil, I can't put into words the anger it creates inside me. When I first heard this story the first thing that struck me wasn't "Brown you dick" it was "oh no someone is going to say bigotgate and Brown you are a dick"

Perhaps not unusually I totally agree with you Jon, I do feel though a degree of seperation is perhaps required in our views of late so I feel the need to pick you up on the use of the term, and I shudder as I write this "Bigotgate".

The use of the term "gate" on the end of any story of this kind simply makes my piss boil, I can't put into words the anger it creates inside me. When I first heard this story the first thing that struck me wasn't "Brown you dick" it was "oh no someone is going to say bigotgate and Brown you are a dick"

:lol:

good point.

Is there any reason why "gate" is now put after various scandals?

Did it all stem from Watergate and the Nixon stuff?

Were there no "gate" scandals before that? :?

TBH I put the Bigotgate word in as a kind of ironic gestire, as i was surprised nobody had written it before ....

why are these things always gates? :winkold: :lol:

Credit Swiss reporting that UK banks are exposed to the tune of 25 billion in Greece and 75 billion in Spain and Portugal, meanwhile the Germans are saying that the Greek bailout package may have to triple to 120 billion euros. Standby for Banking Crisis Episode II - The Debt Bites Back.

Assuming for a minute that the eurozone (read, Germany) does bail them out with IMF assistance, what if Spain and Portugal (or even Italy) require the same? Are the German public going to stand for that when 85% are already against the initial Greek bailout package? Can they even afford to do it? Not likely on both counts would be my guess.

Credit Swiss reporting that UK banks are exposed to the tune of 25 billion in Greece and 75 billion in Spain and Portugal, meanwhile the Germans are saying that the Greek bailout package may have to triple to 120 billion euros. Standby for Banking Crisis Episode II - The Debt Bites Back.

Assuming for a minute that the eurozone (read, Germany) does bail them out with IMF assistance, what if Spain and Portugal (or even Italy) require the same? Are the German public going to stand for that when 85% are already against the initial Greek bailout package? Can they even afford to do it? Not likely on both counts would be my guess.

can the entire eurozone cope with bailing out anyone else apart from Greece?

don't the lib dems want us in the euro? could Lab and Tories use this crisis to damage Lib Dems stance on europe?

how would this crisis effect us if we were in europe as opposed to now? would it make no difference to our economical position?