• £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, the reports of £24m is more than fair for Milner in my view and if Villa try to hold out for £30m I can't see us taking the deal.

With respect your view of what is or is not a fair price counts for the square root of **** all. It's the view AVFC take and the valuation we place on him that matters. If you don't want to meet that then all fine and dandy, we'll keep him.

Let's say he does stay and you sell him next season for £12m. Is the £12m loss of revenue really worth it? And for what exactly?

Seems your lot have learnt nothing from the fat spanish waiter's attempt to ram raid our club a few seasons ago.

Pay the price we want or sod off back up the M6.

As I said, the reports of £24m is more than fair for Milner in my view and if Villa try to hold out for £30m I can't see us taking the deal.

With respect your view of what is or is not a fair price counts for the square root of **** all. It's the view AVFC take and the valuation we place on him that matters. If you don't want to meet that then all fine and dandy, we'll keep him.

Let's say he does stay and you sell him next season for £12m. Is the £12m loss of revenue really worth it? And for what exactly?

Seems your lot have learnt nothing from the fat spanish waiter's attempt to ram raid our club a few seasons ago.

Pay the price we want or sod off back up the M6.

Absofuckinglutely.

I simply can't understand Man City fans complaining about the price of players. You either enjoy your new wealth and dont give a shit how much players cost. Or be embarrassed by your clubs lack of class by throwing money at anything that moves.

They will pay £30m. I'm sure of it. We may have to wait until 31st August, but if they really want him they will pay it.

That club paid £24m for Lescott. As I've said several times - if Lescott is worth £24m, Milner is worth £125m.

Milner >>>>>>>>>> Lescott.

Right, got you. I wasn't aware that by "attempt to unsettle our player" you meant "bid for him".

Anyway, you completely missed the point. I was quoting somebody who said that it is our fault if we don't sign him for not meeting your price demands. I rebutted with the fact that the price demands are astronomical for Milner and you have effectively priced him out of a move.

Personally, I really want him as I've rated him since his Newcastle days, but most City fans are of the impression that they could take him or leave him. We have players such as Ireland who can play in the centre and do a good job for us, so the need for Milner is negligible if we keep Ireland. He isn't this type of player that we will do anything to sign, as you can tell by the way that we've conducted business. If we wanted Milner desperately, we would have paid the £6m difference and signed him immediately.

I really don't think I have missed the point. It's absolutely Man City's fault if they don't end up with the player.

You can't have it both ways. You can't both claim that you haven't unsettled the player and claim that we're risking keeping an unhappy player who was not unhappy until you started making noise about signing him. You've unsettled him; there are no two ways about it. You have Mancini, Shay Given, and Patrick Viera all on television talking about how they would love to have him at Manchester City in addition to talk from whomever about some impending second bid. I realize that this is part and parcel of the transfer game these days, as our players have also responded to questions about other teams' players, but you can't publicly conduct this business, trying to pressure us into a deal, and then imply that we are somehow holding him back.

I don't know what our asking price is exactly, but I want to be clear - I don't think James Milner is worth 30 million pounds in this or any universe. I wouldn't blame Man City in the slightest for not paying it. On the other hand, we have the right to demand whatever price we want for him because we are not willing participants in this particular transaction. If we were holding out for a ridiculous sum for a player like Steve Sidwell, whom we are pretty clearly open to selling, then I would take your point; however, this is a player we would have had no intention of selling until we were dragged into a negotiation against our will by Manchester City.

I think our manager and our board are interested in letting people know that they don't intend to be bullied. We took a loss on Gareth Barry to prove this point, and I would not be surprised to see us take a loss on James Milner to reinforce it. It appears from statements coming out from our board that we are more concerned about our finances from a wages perspective rather than a transfer fee perspective, so I'm not sure they're too worried about losing money if we have to sell Milner next summer.

I've read many of your posts in this forum, Damocles, and I think you're generally a very level-headed guy who puts up with some of the less polite postings you get on the forum with a lot of class. I hope you know that the people who make racial slurs against your owners don't represent everyone on here.

I just think your postings on the Milner topic seem to have a touch of the arrogance that can come with being able to afford to buy anyone you want.

I simply can't understand Man City fans complaining about the price of players. You either enjoy your new wealth and dont give a shit how much players cost. Or be embarrassed by your clubs lack of class by throwing money at anything that moves.

Amen to that brother!

I agree with the other poster as well, market value he's not worth £30m but his worth to the club is however much mon deems it to be, if its £30m then who are you to argue

I said it in the City thread too, but Manchester City cant spend two years inflating the transfer market and then turn around and complain that the transfer market is inflated. Its like Alan Carr complaining that something is too camp.

If he does leave for Man City where is he going to play? He has the makings of a great middle of the park player but ain't really a good crosser or great winger. Is he could enough in the middle for Man City? I don't think so, not at present, in a season or two perhaps he will be. Its a big mistake for him to go atm. Next season would make far more sense for all concerned, IMO.

FWIW i think when a fee is agreed with man city another team will match that bid that makes far more sense for him to leave us for.

Mancini going in his classless ways, now tapping up Torres. Plus telling about valuation of Milner, surely this can be read in a way that Jimmy would only be a bonus for them, no more than a squad player. At BBC

City boss Mancini is still interested in Aston Villa's England midfielder James Milner, although he insisted the club would not be held to ransom.

"When Manchester City enquire about a £10m player, the club asks for £20m. That is not good for us," stated Mancini.

"James is still a player who interests us but only at the right price."

They know how much he means to us.

5 Manchester City 38 67

6 Aston Villa 38 64

We just need to get rid now. Anything over £25m and we should just agree to it and move on. It's time we start making some bloody moves in the transfer market....

I don't buy that actually, if we could keep Milner and add (for example) Flamini and Keane, I'd back us to have another good season.

That wouldn't cost a huge amount, we just need to thin out the dross that are soaking up wages..