What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

It is obvious they don't deserve to up there with the pinnacle of English football. Lets be honest, they were a low mid table team before this guy came in. They were the scruff of the Premier League. We worked our way up there. They have to rely on all these millions. Its like the ugly guy walking about with the fit wife. The only reason she's with him is because of his wealth. If he was dirt cheap he'd be the tramp. Man City are and always will be that man.

The season before the takeover we were in the UEFA Cup. The season before that we finished one point off of the UEFA Cup.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is obvious they don't deserve to up there with the pinnacle of English football. Lets be honest, they were a low mid table team before this guy came in. They were the scruff of the Premier League. We worked our way up there. They have to rely on all these millions. Its like the ugly guy walking about with the fit wife. The only reason she's with him is because of his wealth. If he was dirt cheap he'd be the tramp. Man City are and always will be that man.

The season before the takeover we were in the UEFA Cup. The season before that we finished one point off of the UEFA Cup.

id say yous are still a shite club,just because id dont like yous,never did even before you're lotto win..

Does Milner really have a history of playing on for clubs after asking for a move? The first time he nearly signed for us there was no indication he'd asked for a move from Newcastle. And when he did finally move to us, it was after handing in a transfer request - so there was no playing on involved at all.

His last game for Newcastle was vs Coventry a day after handing in transfer request.

If i remember he was brilliant that night

Does Milner really have a history of playing on for clubs after asking for a move? The first time he nearly signed for us there was no indication he'd asked for a move from Newcastle. And when he did finally move to us, it was after handing in a transfer request - so there was no playing on involved at all.

I'd say being about to sign on the dotted line was a clear indication he didn't actually want to be at Newcastle anymore, he wasn't signing for us because Newcastle told him to, he was signing for us because after his loan spell he wanted to be here

Also he han't actually asked for a transfer here either, he has simply indicated that he does not wish to sign another contract

Yes, but that's not the same as asking for a move, and that was what was suggested. Newcastle were letting him go as much as anything.

I'd say being about to sign on the dotted line was a clear indication he didn't actually want to be at Newcastle anymore, he wasn't signing for us because Newcastle told him to, he was signing for us because after his loan spell he wanted to be here

Also he han't actually asked for a transfer here either, he has simply indicated that he does not wish to sign another contract

Yes, but that's not the same as asking for a move, and that was what was suggested. Newcastle were letting him go as much as anything.

except he hasn't asked for a move and Newcastle did want him, thats why he went back there

Are you talking about the 1st takeover or the 2nd takeover??

Reality - you made me laugh, great description!

He went back there because a transfer target of theirs fell through, as I remember it, not because they suddenly decided to keep him. Not that any of this makes a difference to my original point, but you know.

It was reasonably well reported that he was "gutted" when it fell through and he then went on to have a good season. I don't see how asking for a transfer or not affects that, as its the playing and being pissed of that is important

He went back there because a transfer target of theirs fell through, as I remember it, not because they suddenly decided to keep him. Not that any of this makes a difference to my original point, but you know.

Pretty sure it was Mark Viduka

James Milner had very good reasona to want to leave Newcastle for Villa but he only has one reason to leave City for Villa, and that's money. There is a difference. I wouldn't mind if Milner left Villa for Chelsea or Man U.

James Milner had very good reasona to want to leave Newcastle for Villa but he only has one reason to leave City for Villa, and that's money. There is a difference. I wouldn't mind if Milner left Villa for Chelsea or Man U.

You say that but you seriously think Man City wont be winning things in near future?

Im sorry but lets not kid ourselves they should be challenging for the Prem title sooner rather than later.

It was reasonably well reported that he was "gutted" when it fell through and he then went on to have a good season. I don't see how asking for a transfer or not affects that, as its the playing and being pissed of that is important

In terms of how Milner would play for us if he had to stay, I agree with you.

But the original poster stated that Milner had a history of staying and playing well for clubs after asking for a move. And that is at best a misrepresentation of what has happened in Milner's career.

You say that but you seriously think Man City wont be winning things in near future?

Im sorry but lets not kid ourselves they should be challenging for the Prem title sooner rather than later.

I'm sure they will be competing but going to Man City would be a bad move for him IMO. He won't get a lot of games and he won't progress as a footballer as he would do if he was at Villa. If City did start winning things, I reckon Milner would be a bit part player and it would be a hollow victory for him. I'm sure you'd rather want to win something being an influential part of it than win lots of things but barely working for it. For example some Man United players have won Premier League medals in the past when they have made ten 5 minute apperances.

He won't get a lot of games and he won't progress as a footballer as he would do if he was at Villa. If City did start winning things, I reckon Milner would be a bit part player and it would be a hollow victory for him. I'm sure you'd rather want to win something being an influential part of it than win lots of things but barely working for it. For example some Man United players have won Premier League medals in the past when they have made ten 5 minute apperances.

hes not moving to sit on the bench or be a bit part player though. the guy will fully believe hes going to be a star in the city team, ive got no doubt of that

hes not going with the intention of being a bit part player, hes going to be going with the intention of being the most important player in their side

whether that happens or not is anyones guess, but honestly i think anyone who thinks otherwise is acting the bollox out of spite

give him £90k a week, captains armband and make him get a tattoo of AVFC

On his face, Ash Young too while we're at it....

why dont we tattoo james milners face onto steve sidwells and see if city fall for it

give him £90k a week, captains armband and make him get a tattoo of AVFC

On his face, Ash Young too while we're at it....[/quote

why dont we tattoo james milners face onto steve sidwells and see if city fall for it

and try sell them sand eh.