• £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Villa have released a statement:

James Milner trained with the rest of the Villa squad today at Bodymoor Heath.

He and the manager, along with chief executive Paul Faulkner and the player's representative, Matthew Buck, had an amicable conversation and, while James will not play in tomorrow's game at Walsall, he will fly with the squad to Portugal on Wednesday ahead of the Guadiana Cup in which Villa will compete with Benfica and Feyenoord this weekend.

http://tinyurl.com/3ab3z6v

Matthew Buck is a representative from the PFA, so Milner seems keen to make sure things are done correctly.

Yawwwwwnnnn. Just get it over and done with, for everyone's sake!

This statement hints to me that we're just awaiting a new offer from City. It doesn't confirm he's staying, it doesn't confirm he's going. We'll continue as normal until Man City offer us some money.

Anything over £24m and I expect us to accept it and then move the deal through asap.

Matthew Buck is a representative from the PFA, so Milner seems keen to make sure things are done correctly.

Milner doesn't have an agent, he uses the free service offered by the PFA instead. Buck being there is just the same as another player having his agent there.

If we sell him with a week of the transfer window to go I will be bloody furious.

I know it's a big decision for James, and for Villa - but we need to get this sorted ASAP. The whole point of preseason is to get in shape for the proper season. We cannot achieve that if our preseason is being based around a player who won't be here.

Of course, I don't need to tell you all that, you all know that already. But ... arrrgh.

Anyone going down the training ground to cheer on Milner when he arrives back?
I would do but Carrington is a bit far away

The training ground is not at Carrington :lol:

It was as at the 12th March, with plans to move elsewhere

I thought Milners training ground was at Bodymoor Heath, or have i missed something

You quite clearly have missed something..

Milner doesn't have an agent, he uses the free service offered by the PFA instead. Buck being there is just the same as another player having his agent there.

It's not quite the same. Milner has always used the PFA to represent him, rather than get involved in the murky world of agents. Matthew Buck is there to make sure that James Milners best interests are being looked after. He is not there for the sake of a huge personal profit! Milner could have met Mon on his own today, but I guess he wanted to make sure that there are no future "misunderstandings."

It's not quite the same. Milner has always used the PFA to represent him, rather than get involved in the murky world of agents. Matthew Buck is there to make sure that James Milners best interests are being looked after. He is not there for the sake of a huge personal profit! Milner could have met Mon on his own today, but I guess he wanted to make sure that there are no future "misunderstandings."

Yup i hope this is what was meant.

Milner will stay unless an offer Villa are comfortable with comes in.

However, i doubt he will sign a new contract, which is upto him i suppose.

Its now down to Villa to decide to play him until his contract runs out, or cash in.

Clearly if Milner wanted to stay he would have said so today and this would be over.

Get the **** out of our club you money grabbing word removed. I hope he plays tomorrow, MON should do what he did to Barry to Milner.

I thought Milners training ground was at Bodymoor Heath, or have i missed something

Mate, carrington is manchester. ie thats where Jimmy will training before to long.

Mate, carrington is manchester. ie thats where Jimmy will training before to long.

You lot are jumping the gun

Clearly if Milner wanted to stay he would have said so today and this would be over.

Get the **** out of our club you money grabbing word removed. I hope he plays tomorrow, MON should do what he did to Barry to Milner.

Yes all players play for the love of the club. :lol:

The club statement says he won't play tomorrow. Which was expected as he only came back to training Today.

But he had representation at the last meeting and he still caused confusion.