What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

i really believe that if man city don't meet our valuation he will sign a new contract, and i cant see us waivering on the valuation. i don't know why but i just feel yesterday they would of sat down and proberly decided if the valuation is matched them he can go, but if come 1st september its not then he will sign a new contract even if its just a 1/2 year extension.

like i say its just a feeling but this could drag on until 1st september, i hope that we have set a deadline on this transfer as we need to get on with business, aswell as knowing who will be with us come the start of the season.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your proberly right but like i said its just a feeling, also if he doesnt go this year i don't think man city willbe back in for him next year, if all goes to plan for them and they finish in the top 4 there sights will be set a lot higher than the James Milners of this world.

they will be looking at the KaKa's etc.

James Milner had very good reasona to want to leave Newcastle for Villa but he only has one reason to leave City for Villa, and that's money. There is a difference. I wouldn't mind if Milner left Villa for Chelsea or Man U.

He left Newcastle for Villa mainly due to money. He wanted a new contract with a higher wage and Newcastle wouldn't give it to him.

I like Milner a lot as a player (and he seems like a really decent guy as well), but let's not make him some kind of footballing saint. Just because he works hard and gives 100% effort doesn't mean he's immune to realistic concerns. He's been at three clubs by the age of 24, so he's clearly willing to move if he feels it will progress his career.

James Milner had very good reasona to want to leave Newcastle for Villa but he only has one reason to leave City for Villa, and that's money. There is a difference. I wouldn't mind if Milner left Villa for Chelsea or Man U.

He left Newcastle for Villa mainly due to money. He wanted a new contract with a higher wage and Newcastle wouldn't give it to him.

Wasn't he the best player at the club at the time, yet one of the lowest earners?

It would be like us paying Ashley Young £10k a week and expecting him to stay here?

I like Milner a lot as a player (and he seems like a really decent guy as well), but let's not make him some kind of footballing saint. Just because he works hard and gives 100% effort doesn't mean he's immune to realistic concerns. He's been at three clubs by the age of 24, so he's clearly willing to move if he feels it will progress his career.

Progressing your career and moving for more money and different things. If he wants to progress career wish he should stay at Villa on the fact he will be a garuntee starter week in andweek out. City he will sit on the bench alot I and be twiddling his thumbs. A more correct assumpotion on your part would be "so hes clearly willing to move if he feels he can make more money" as thats whats ultimately happening.

Wasn't he the best player at the club at the time, yet one of the lowest earners?

It would be like us paying Ashley Young £10k a week and expecting him to stay here?

so why not offer him £85k a week and he becomes the best paid?

I think we should accept a player(s)+cash deal. We need this deal to go through as well.

Regarding Barry we received an offer from Liverpool well below the value of the player. I think Randy was quite confident in getting a similar fee for him one year later, which we did, so that was not a real gamble. This time we have an offer which, let's be honest, is well above the actual value of the player. If we get two or three of their players, and some cash on top of that, it's a very good deal.

Progressing your career and moving for more money and different things. If he wants to progress career wish he should stay at Villa on the fact he will be a garuntee starter week in andweek out. City he will sit on the bench alot I and be twiddling his thumbs. A more correct assumpotion on your part would be "so hes clearly willing to move if he feels he can make more money" as thats whats ultimately happening.

I would love for him to stay but I can't see why there are so many posters on here saying he will be on the bench so much. Mancini likes to play 4-3-3 (from what I have seen) and they do not have another attacking CM'er that will get in front of Jimmy. I think he is great buy for them in this respect and he will be in their first XI as much as he should be - being appropriately rested sometimes?

We need to hurry up and get this done. It is pointless keeping him on the same contract for us to just lose him next summer for a cut price. We got ripped off in the Barry transfer saga. No way should we let Man City get away with ripping us off this time too. They gave Everton around £24m for Lescott and we only got £12m for Barry. In a sense, they owe us....

The only way I would want to keep Milner now is if he signs a long term contract. I can't see this happening though, so we need to get rid asap and move on with our summer signings.

The club have been a complete shambles this summer. With regards to the kit, press interviews and signings. Time to wake up...

wouldnt mind swp, he would fit our dounter attacking style perfectly. but i dont think mon is interested in him at all

Hard working but very little end product. Not what we really need.. Ireland is more suited to our requirements?

its amazing how a lot of people now think ireland is a better player than milner, bet few would of said that a few months back.

Im not saying i wouldnt want ireland hes a decent player but not as good as milner in my opinion.

I genuinely dont think Man city will stump up 30million and therefore Milner will remain.

28 might just be enough but i dont think they would offer that either. Its ridiculous money, but im so used to 30m being quoted, id be dissapointed with anything else.

If Milner stays, Champs League or a trophy is a must to justify not cashing in. I think we can get away with losing Barry for a cut price, but a 2nd time would just set the the tone for the coming years

For some reason people on here seem to think Ireland will be the answer to our prayers. Is he really that good?

Easily as good as Milner all be them different types of player.

Though you acknowledge they are different types of player, if that was the case, they would not be pursuing Jimmy whilst trying to rid themselfs of Ireland. imo

mirrorfootball is suggesting man city will offer us SWP to make the milner deal easier...(yes its mirror football).

I really hope that is the usual Mirror bollox as SWP must be one of the most overated players in the Premier League. To me he typifies a bad winger - he beats the player, beats the player, beats the player then falls over / blasts the ball into row Z / crosses out (delete as appropriate).

Overall a big no from me.