What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

i dont blame him for wanting to go, we can all see the ambition man city are showing and sooner rather than later they are going to win the league and plenty of silverware, just like chelsea did, if they don't the arab's will soon sell up and move on and leave them in a whole lot of trouble.

so i have no problem with him wanting to move, and as much as it pains me to say we are not going to be competing with them, we might win the league cup and fa cup, and i would be happy with that, we are building a side and i have enjoyed the last 4 years under MoN and Randy and can't see anything to doubt them. it may take us longer to get to the top 4 and the elusive champions league but i think its possible, just dont think its possible for us to win the league, not unless Randy follows the arab's and starts throwing around money like confetti, which he wont and im glad he won't.

if milner stays he will get my support if he goes me move on like we have always done, we have lost bigger and better players in the past and will do in the future but AVFC gones on.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i dont blame him for wanting to go, we can all see the ambition man city are showing and sooner rather than later they are going to win the league and plenty of silverware, just like chelsea did, if they don't the arab's will soon sell up and move on and leave them in a whole lot of trouble.

so i have no problem with him wanting to move, and as much as it pains me to say we are not going to be competing with them, we might win the league cup and fa cup, and i would be happy with that, we are building a side and i have enjoyed the last 4 years under MoN and Randy and can't see anything to doubt them. it may take us longer to get to the top 4 and the elusive champions league but i think its possible, just dont think its possible for us to win the league, not unless Randy follows the arab's and starts throwing around money like confetti, which he wont and im glad he won't.

if milner stays he will get my support if he goes me move on like we have always done, we have lost bigger and better players in the past and will do in the future but AVFC gones on.

well put, well put indeed. It happens to everyone players have breakout years and are sold off the the highest bidder. Wheather by choice or by inevitability. He did his part at Villa. It would be great to see him stay and id still support him. But like you say Im not gonna boo the man if he leaves. Everyone needs to face it that if another job came up offering double pay with less work invovled (assuming JM rides the bench a bit) wed all jump at the chance.

UTV VTID

What do amicable talks with Villa actually mean?

Anyway, in regards to Milner for £30 million, Citeh signed Robinho for £32 million and he's also played 2 good games for Citeh.

I guarentee you Milner will have a good game for Citeh 95% of the time.

He's always a 8/10 player at least!

if they don't the arab's will soon sell up and move on and leave them in a whole lot of trouble.

The Shiekh is here for the long term. That doesn't mean he doesn't expect us to be self sustaining in a few years, but even if we aren't he'll just throw money at it until we are. There's a very real and purposeful strategy in play at City, and we're about 18 months into a ten year plan. Also, we wouldn't be in trouble as we have zero debt (which was converted into equity), and the funds to pay the contracts of every signing, even without the Sheikh.

Anyway, I still don't think a sale is absolutely necessary unless one side makes a concession, and I honestly don't see either doing it yet with so much of the window remaining. Milner has a history of playing for clubs after asking for a move, and being a professional about it. Whether the Villa fans will look at it the same way and get behind though remains to be seen.

What do amicable talks with Villa actually mean?

Anyway, in regards to Milner for £30 million, Citeh signed Robinho for £32 million and he's also played 2 good games for Citeh.

I guarentee you Milner will have a good game for Citeh 95% of the time.

He's always a 8/10 player at least!

i dont see him getting off the bemch to play enough..

if they don't the arab's will soon sell up and move on and leave them in a whole lot of trouble.

The Shiekh is here for the long term. That doesn't mean he doesn't expect us to be self sustaining in a few years, but even if we aren't he'll just throw money at it until we are. There's a very real and purposeful strategy in play at City, and we're about 18 months into a ten year plan. Also, we wouldn't be in trouble as we have zero debt (which was converted into equity), and the funds to pay the contracts of every signing, even without the Sheikh.

Anyway, I still don't think a sale is absolutely necessary unless one side makes a concession, and I honestly don't see either doing it yet with so much of the window remaining. Milner has a history of playing for clubs after asking for a move, and being a professional about it. Whether the Villa fans will look at it the same way and get behind though remains to be seen.

what i meant was if and its a big if they decided to sell up and move you would need to find another buy with the same sort of wealth, or are you saying without the shiekh you could still afford to pay the wages that are currenlty being paid. i think not, but like you say they are in it for the long haul and i geniuely believe they are.

Does Milner really have a history of playing on for clubs after asking for a move? The first time he nearly signed for us there was no indication he'd asked for a move from Newcastle. And when he did finally move to us, it was after handing in a transfer request - so there was no playing on involved at all.

we're about 18 months into a ten year plan. .

10 YEAR PLAN!! Sweet Jesus! That's will be over a billion pounds on players and 10 managers later, for what? The odd Carling Cup!

It is obvious they don't deserve to up there with the pinnacle of English football. Lets be honest, they were a low mid table team before this guy came in. They were the scruff of the Premier League. We worked our way up there. They have to rely on all these millions. Its like the ugly guy walking about with the fit wife. The only reason she's with him is because of his wealth. If he was dirt cheap he'd be the tramp. Man City are and always will be that man.

It is obvious they don't deserve to up there with the pinnacle of English football. Lets be honest, they were a low mid table team before this guy came in. They were the scruff of the Premier League. We worked our way up there. They have to rely on all these millions. Its like the ugly guy walking about with the fit wife. The only reason she's with him is because of his wealth. If he was dirt cheap he'd be the tramp. Man City are and always will be that man.
a bunch of Geebags like :lol: ..

Does Milner really have a history of playing on for clubs after asking for a move? The first time he nearly signed for us there was no indication he'd asked for a move from Newcastle. And when he did finally move to us, it was after handing in a transfer request - so there was no playing on involved at all.

I'd say being about to sign on the dotted line was a clear indication he didn't actually want to be at Newcastle anymore, he wasn't signing for us because Newcastle told him to, he was signing for us because after his loan spell he wanted to be here

Also he han't actually asked for a transfer here either, he has simply indicated that he does not wish to sign another contract