What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

its amazing how a lot of people now think ireland is a better player than milner, bet few would of said that a few months back.

Im not saying i wouldnt want ireland hes a decent player but not as good as milner in my opinion.

Its unbelievable how shite a player becomes once he wants to leave. having said that - when a player comes. he instantly becomes a better player in my eyes :D

The fickle world of football

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, lets sum this up...

Milner wants out of Villa. James and his agent went to Villa (MON, Randy, Paul Faulkner) before the World Cup started, as they had heard of City's interest, i assume James' agent had been doing some undercover work for some time. James and his agent told Villa that James wanted to leave and under no circumstances would he be signing an improved contract with the club. This pushed Villa into a corner, the fact that James has said he would not sign an improved contract means that James was actualy being very smart by saying to Villa ''im not signing a new contract, so you either let me go now and get top doller...or you hang on another year and i go for half the price?''

Having taken stock of the situation over the World Cup, MON, Randy and Paul Faulkner have decided that they are fighting a loosing battle to keep James, thus MON going public and saying that if Man City meet the valuation decided he can leave. James is pissed of with Villa (especially MON) as MON went public about this little meeting before the World Cup when James asked to be allowed to leave. This has now made James look bad to us fans as we all now know that he asked to leave and doesnt want to be at the club anymore.

its amazing how a lot of people now think ireland is a better player than milner, bet few would of said that a few months back.

Im not saying i wouldnt want ireland hes a decent player but not as good as milner in my opinion.

I think Ireland is a very good attacking midfielder who is clearly surplus to requirements at City. Milner is a more rounded and more hardworking player but I don't see it as an either / or for Villa.

Given the choice I'd have Milner every time but I think Ireland could be a good signing for us but with us keeping Milner!

For some reason people on here seem to think Ireland will be the answer to our prayers. Is he really that good?

Easily as good as Milner all be them different types of player.

Though you acknowledge they are different types of player, if that was the case, they would not be pursuing Jimmy whilst trying to rid themselfs of Ireland. imo

If all accounts are to be believed, Ireland simply doesnt get on with Mancini.

Bellamy was Man City's best player along with Tevez last season yet he is up for sale...why? Simply because he does not get on with the manager, the same goes for Ireland.

I would love to keep Jimmy and buy Ireland - I think they would be a good pair in front of a strong DCM, say Flamini! They are different players - Jimmy is much more energetic and industrious with some quality, Ireland is probably a better/more intelligent (footballing brain) footballer.

Clearly Mancini doesn't fancy him as he appears to like the more hardworking type of player, particularly through the spine. I would have thought that he would be the ideal player to keep to rotate with Jimmy in the ACM role and provide a contrasting option in games where it was needed.

For some reason people on here seem to think Ireland will be the answer to our prayers. Is he really that good?

Both have positives and negatives that outweight each other IMO. Milner is better back-tracking and he'll work all day for you. Ireland is a more creative midfielder who I believe will compliment our strikers more.

Its also amazing that Milner has one good season and now everyone thinks he's a world beater!

Sants Cruz or Gamst Pederson anyone...

Its also amazing that Milner has one good season and now everyone thinks he's a world beater!

hmmmmmm, slightly different. Milner was showing promise for a number of years. Then won PFA young player of the year. While I agree he is overated (especially in our clubs value), i would happily put my wages on him havin a half decent season next year - wherever he is

I genuinely dont think Man city will stump up 30million and therefore Milner will remain.

28 might just be enough but i dont think they would offer that either. Its ridiculous money, but im so used to 30m being quoted, id be dissapointed with anything else.

It all really depends on Mancini. If he rates Milner enough and sees him as a key element to his team building, then he will pay it. If not, then Milner should realise that he was nothing more than a squad player if he had jioned.

If a manager rates a player, he will pay the rate thats being asked. If not, then he simply looks elsewhere.

Personally, i think this deal is proberly half done. I think we have agreed to sell Milner, but the problem lies in the valuation of player(s) coming our way, and their likely demands.

If true about Ireland wanting Liverpool above us, then i think thats an indication of the problems that are holding up this deal. Man City will have thier own ideas on whom to offer, and we will proberly have a completely different list.

Though you acknowledge they are different types of player, if that was the case, they would not be pursuing Jimmy whilst trying to rid themselfs of Ireland. imo

If all accounts are to be believed, Ireland simply doesnt get on with Mancini.

Bellamy was Man City's best player along with Tevez last season yet he is up for sale...why? Simply because he does not get on with the manager, the same goes for Ireland.

Or maybe, bellamy is for sale because city have just spent £24m on better left sided midfielder/attacker (silva)

And they wont rid of Ireland because they are maybe about to spent another £24m on a better player (milner)

Just my opinion.

I would love to keep Jimmy and buy Ireland - I think they would be a good pair in front of a strong DCM, say Flamini! They are different players - Jimmy is much more energetic and industrious with some quality, Ireland is probably a better/more intelligent (footballing brain) footballer.

Clearly Mancini doesn't fancy him as he appears to like the more hardworking type of player, particularly through the spine. I would have thought that he would be the ideal player to keep to rotate with Jimmy in the ACM role and provide a contrasting option in games where it was needed.

I agree with this. I think Ireland would be the missing piece of the puzzle if we kept Milner, but if we bring Ireland in and lose Milner we still need another midfielder - a much better and less ginger version of Sidwell.

I would love to keep Jimmy and buy Ireland - I think they would be a good pair in front of a strong DCM, say Flamini! They are different players - Jimmy is much more energetic and industrious with some quality, Ireland is probably a better/more intelligent (footballing brain) footballer

That quartet with Ashley and Albrighton down the flanks would proberly get us top four in all honesty.

All it needs is the risk to go and do it, or something similar. If the Milner deal falls through, then lets just bin our plan to reduce the wages for now, and take just one more little risk!! 8)

More like O'Neill made him the player that he is today and now we can sell him at a ridiculous profit. Hopefully we will then bring in an equally as skilled player such as Stephen Ireland who O'Neill can mould into the next up and coming superstar.

In the same way some think Ireland is a world beater after,.....oh yes, one good season.

In the same way some think Ireland is a world beater after,.....oh yes, one good season.

Nobody has said Ireland is a world beater. We just said Ireland is as good or maybe better than Milner.

Nobody has said Ireland is a world beater. We just said Ireland is as good or maybe better than Milner.

The teams rumoured to be interested in each player and the likely fees said teams would be willing to pay for the services of each, would suggest otherwise.

I think Ireland is a very good attacking midfielder who is clearly surplus to requirements at City. Milner is a more rounded and more hardworking player but I don't see it as an either / or for Villa.

Given the choice I'd have Milner every time but I think Ireland could be a good signing for us but with us keeping Milner!

aqree with all of that mate.