What would you do?  

468 members have voted

1. 1. What would you do?

• £30m or more to Citeh
    • £30m or more to Chelsea
    • £30m or more to Man United
    • No sale under any realistic circumstances
    • £30m or more to whoever wants him

I will be sad to see him go, but he gets too much stick on here for me.

He has been offered the opportunity to challenge for the title with a group of world class players while doubling his wages. He is ambitious. We admitted last week that trying to win the title was beyond us. It appears that we have to sell someone before we can buy this window. It is a no-brainer for his career if he is wanted by Man City.

Gutted that this is the state of affairs, but can't blame the bloke.

• Replies 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

People also thought he was a straight forward guy. Lol at that one.

Who's to say he isn't though?

It's not contractual that players have to give interviews right left and centre so that us fans know what's happening.

The fact is that situations such as these are delicate and in the main private, it doesn't suit anyone for it to be dragged through the media (Gareth Barry).

There's this feeling amongst fans now (of all clubs) that players owe us the right to this kind of knowledge when the truth is they don't owe us anything of the sort. Since the advent of the internet and 24 hour news we all demand to be kept in the know at all times, as though it's our right to know, people need to get real about it.

We've been spoilt by having a world of information at our fingertips and we spit our dummy out when it is denied us. It's wrong.

its to soon for milner to be considered against walsall so why shouldnt he be in the squad to compete in the preseason cup in portugal? we need our best players dont we? a cup is a cup i dont think he will escape the wrath of villa fans who will be attending though.

Who's to say he isn't though?

It's not contractual that players have to give interviews right left and centre so that us fans know what's happening.

The fact is that situations such as these are delicate and in the main private, it doesn't suit anyone for it to be dragged through the media (Gareth Barry).

There's this feeling amongst fans now (of all clubs) that players owe us the right to this kind of knowledge when the truth is they don't owe us anything of the sort. Since the advent of the internet and 24 hour news we all demand to be kept in the know at all times, as though it's our right to know, people need to get real about it.

We've been spoilt by having a world of information at our fingertips and we spit our dummy out when it is denied us. It's wrong.

agree 10000000000000000000000%

its to soon for milner to be considered against walsall so why shouldnt he be in the squad to compete in the preseason cup in portugal? we need our best players dont we? a cup is a cup i dont think he will escape the wrath of villa fans who will be attending though.

Then they are plonkers then.

See BannedFrom response to why.

Your having a bubble if you think players just hang around because its Villa.

plus we dont even know if Chelsea want him

They'd be stupid not to want him, they have a dearth of CMs

They are signing Ramires apparently and im sure could gt Ozil if they wanted him who combined cost price of Milner

I often wonder whether people have ever left a job, or been in a situation in life where events and circumstances that surround them take control.

James Milner is a fine young man. He has proved that on and off the football pitch in both his spells at our club, and at his previous clubs. He had a great season and has been coveted by the moneybags club of the moment, who will pay a fair market fee for him, one that would be difficult for any club to turn down.

I could not boo him, can only wish him well and send him away with the pride that he has played for Aston Villa, and that he always wore our shirt with pride and always played in a manner that befits that honour.

While i am quite happy that the club is keeping us informed regarding this situation, what does this new statement really tell us? Could it be any more ambiguous? So he's returned to training and will travel to Portugal. What else should they have done? Should he have been frozen out and left to train on his own? And what does 'amicable' talks imply?

From my point of view as a supporter i think the entire statement is totally pointless, obviously. Why not just say, he'll be with us until we receive enough money, then he'll be gone. I don't fault the club, i sincerely believe MON & Co. have done everything possible to keep him and surely have offered him a very lucrative contract etc. Seems to me they are trying to salvage some of Milners reputation or something. Because I don't believe for a second there is any genuine change he'll remain at Villa, regardless of what Citeh eventually do.

Then they are plonkers then.

See BannedFrom response to why.

Your having a bubble if you think players just hang around because its Villa.

I was there a couple of years ago when Barry got the bird. I thought it was embarrassing and sad then and if the same happened to Milner I would again be sad but I wouldn't be surprised as mob behaviour tends to take over from common sense on matchdays. Fans are the only ones who can't change clubs, for everyone else it is just a business.

I was there a couple of years ago when Barry got the bird. I thought it was embarrassing and sad then and if the same happened to Milner I would again be sad but I wouldn't be surprised as mob behaviour tends to take over from common sense on matchdays. Fans are the only ones who can't change clubs, for everyone else it is just a business.

Exactly. Anybody who says things like "he earns enough money" is living on another planet.

I've met dozens of millionaires, including my current boss. There isn't a single one of them who thinks "I've got a big house, lots of nice cars and will never have to work again, I'll start turning down any more money that's offered to me".

I've said it before, but if I was on £50K a week at Villa, and Blues offered me £100K, I'd be doing a Craig Gardner special pretty bloody quickly!

Exactly. Anybody who says things like "he earns enough money" is living on another planet.

I've met dozens of millionaires, including my current boss. There isn't a single one of them who thinks "I've got a big house, lots of nice cars and will never have to work again, I'll start turning down any more money that's offered to me".

I've said it before, but if I was on £50K a week at Villa, and Blues offered me £100K, I'd be doing a Craig Gardner special pretty bloody quickly!

Anyone other than Blues and I'm with you.

It's annoying and frustrating but like others have said we can't boo him. If he was as bad as heskey we'd all be hammering him and offering to drive him places. It's a shame he wants to go but we'll get good money for him.

I think the Barry situation was different, Barry had the chance to be the kind of player you tell your grandkids about, he could have been a true villa legend if he'd stayed and I don't think money is worth ruining the chance of that.

Not many players get to be legends at clubs as big as ourselves

, this should be sorted by now! We need to prepare for next season, it's ridiculous

I presume your frustration/impatience is directed at Man City as they are the only ones that can get this sorted by paying the asking price.

There is nothing Aston Villa can do , well apart from lower the asking price, which I would suggest would not be a very good president for us to set.

The ball is in Man City's court. They know the asking price.

Why this down to us? We've said how much we'll pay, and it's a good, fair price for Milner. You guys can either drop the price to be more realistic (unless you seem to think that Milner is worth £30m) or can keep an unhappy player and we'll turn our attentions towards Arteta or Ramires?

Oh you mean the people that work with him and actually know him, such as the General?

General Krulak here:

1. Regarding James Milner: No matter what happens re. Milner...and NOTHING has been decided...I promise!! James has conducted himself as a true professional. He has kept his head down and is watching what happens with interest. He has worked his socks off for us and I have a lot of respect for the man.

3. James Milner is a good lad...not just my opinion but the opinion of many.

, this should be sorted by now! We need to prepare for next season, it's ridiculous

I presume your frustration/impatience is directed at Man City as they are the only ones that can get this sorted by paying the asking price.

There is nothing Aston Villa can do , well apart from lower the asking price, which I would suggest would not be a very good president for us to set.

Why this down to us? We've said how much we'll pay, and it's a good, fair price for Milner. You guys can either drop the price to be more realistic (unless you seem to think that Milner is worth £30m) or can keep an unhappy player and we'll turn our attentions towards Arteta or Ramires?

You seem very informed.

Are you Gary Cook?

If so, get your finger out you sycophantic, out of your depth, sty dwelling bluenosed bastard.

And if you aren't, if you're just a decent fella who reads the DM and MEN and are talking from a fans perspective, have a nice day :winkold:

That last line made me laugh, but for me to do the same would cost Blues at least £200,000 per week. It's just a question of price! :lol:

Because you want him and we don't want to sell him . The kid has been blatantly ( Allegedly :| ) tapped up from your end which has unsettled our player thus you pay a price for that in my eyes . Villa know only you will pay anywhere near 30 mill and Villa would prefer to keep him and so be it if we lose money on him next year we did the same with GB . There will be a compromise in my opinion around 27 -28 . I don't think he is worth it but then again never thought Lescott / Adebayor or Kaulo Toure were worth the money either . For what its worth I would prefer Arteta myself over Milner aswell .

I wouldn't. Id stay at Villa for 50k a week over anyone else on the planet and become a hero.

Nah, Gary Cook is a Brum fan anyway (just to endear him to your hearts that little bit more). Besides, most people who actually know and speak to Cook say that he's a very nice guy and the owners certainly seem to think he's good at his job, or he'd be gone. I've met him a couple of times in passing, and he always came across as a really passionate and genuine guy. The recent Tears of Joy video on the OS had the principle of a school in New York calling him an "inspirational human being" and a bunch of other things. As they have directly worked with him, and (presumably) you've read a few articles on the man, I'll stick my opinion with them thanks ;)